January Pool Situation?

Subscribe
I'm heading out to Vegas in a couple of weeks with a some girlfriends and we were thinking about doing a cabana day.

We're staying at Palms Place, and but there's conflicting information on the website whether or not they're closed, and every time I call, I get transferred to some dead extension.

Anyway, I would love suggestions about how we could get to a pool/cabana in January for relaxation. We're not interested in a pool party.

Thanks
Just so you know, typical Vegas temperatures in January are early mid-afternoon highs in the 60-70 Fahrenheit range tops. Not really pool weather.
I'm not sure how up to date this is, but this may summarize some of what you are looking for:

http://www.lasvegasinsider.com/html/lvipools.htm

Once you figure out which hotel you are interested in, I would call in advance to reserve, although I would think in January it shouldn't be too hard to reserve. As mentioned in the first reply, January is not the ideal pool season in Las Vegas.
I was in Vegas at the beginning of December... the hotels pool was closed and drained..(and it was COLD out anyway!)

I would check very carefully with the hotel...
Quote: I'm heading out to Vegas in a couple of weeks with a some girlfriends and we were thinking about doing a cabana day.

We're staying at Palms Place, and but there's conflicting information on the website whether or not they're closed, and every time I call, I get transferred to some dead extension.

Anyway, I would love suggestions about how we could get to a pool/cabana in January for relaxation. We're not interested in a pool party.

Thanks
I have the current airport weather (and the airport is only a mile from the Strip) on my screen right now.

For the next 4 days it's going to be 67/42, 68/42, 68/44 and 66/44. Pools???
Quote: I have the current airport weather (and the airport is only a mile from the Strip) on my screen right now.

For the next 4 days it's going to be 67/42, 68/42, 68/44 and 66/44. Pools???
That was exactly my point in my prior reply.
Quote: Just so you know, typical Vegas temperatures in January are early mid-afternoon highs in the 60-70 Fahrenheit range tops. Not really pool weather.
Sounds like a heatwave to me!

I can't wait till we leave. Anything is better than 32F with perpetual rain/sleet and gale force winds.
Pool Blues
Well,

I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago and it was FREEZING!!!!!!

This January trip should be a bit warmer I'm hoping. It's been in the 80's in Los Angeles!!!

SO... I would think you should have no problem finding a cabana and cute cabana buys.

In fact, last month the pools were actually CLOSED, so good luck!