Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport lounge question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Airport lounge question

Hi, can anybody help me out here? I will be heading to las vegas airport, and meeting another couple there. The problem is Ill be arriving 4 hours before them, and would like to use the airport lounge while I wait, but I also want to to check baggage. If I leave to get my stuff at baggage claim, will I be allowed back past the security checkpoint so I can utilize the lounge?

Any help is appreciated!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving this to the Las Vegas Forum for discussion.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:11 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Generally once you are outside of security you will not be allowed back in without an outgoing boarding pass. Can you advise what airline you will be arriving on and how you have lounge access and someone might be able to come up with something to help.

You also might consider taking a cab to a close by hotel like the MGM, leaving you bags with the bell desk, and hanging out there while you wait for your party.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 3:11 pm

why not just go to your hotel and start your stay earlier? the hotel will gladly hold your bags for you
Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Decided to take advice, thanks!

I actually decided to take advice and head out there early and double back to pick up my friends. I wanted to wait a few hours for my friends so that I could time it just right and not incur and extra day charge- and out of curiosity I checked the rates again, and low and behold an extra $33 cheaper than my original rate! I decided to do the extra day since it wont cost too much more.

Note-I have the priority pass through amex- tryin to squeeze some last minute use out of it before October and they stop allowing us to use red carpet and presidents clubs.

Thanks for the advice to just start the day early! Its actually cheaper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.