Wiki Posts
Search

Large Vegas Suites

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt, UA Premier, Hertz Plt, Amex Cent
Large Vegas Suites

Hey everyone! I'm new to Flyer Talk so please excuse me if I commit a faux pas. Anyway, I am going to Vegas on March 25th-27th for my 21st birthday with about 6 friends and am wondering what a good suite in Vegas is for a cocktail reception, light partying, and which can accommodate about 6-8 people comfortably. Right now I have reserved a 3 bedroom penthouse at the Bellagio for about $2000 per night, which is a price that I would prefer not to exceed by much. If anyone has other hotel and suite recommendations or if you feel that the Bellagio penthouse is a good option, please let me know. I appreciate your help!
Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:45 am

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
From your post, I am assuming you all plan to stay in the same suite. If that is the case, the 3 bedroom makes sense. Bellagio is a great location, but it may be a bit restrained for a 21st birthday.

It's slightly more money, but I would also consider a Lanai villa at The Mirage, or an apartment at Encore. Because of the private backyard, I would lean towards the Mirage. However, if you want to spend time at any of the Wynncore clubs (e.g., XS, Surrender, etc.), it would be nice to have your suite within stumbling distance.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by vuitton24
Hey everyone! I'm new to Flyer Talk so please excuse me if I commit a faux pas. Anyway, I am going to Vegas on March 25th-27th for my 21st birthday with about 6 friends and am wondering what a good suite in Vegas is for a cocktail reception, light partying, and which can accommodate about 6-8 people comfortably. Right now I have reserved a 3 bedroom penthouse at the Bellagio for about $2000 per night, which is a price that I would prefer not to exceed by much. If anyone has other hotel and suite recommendations or if you feel that the Bellagio penthouse is a good option, please let me know. I appreciate your help!
Have no idea if they ever cut deals on these things, but you can call and check:

http://palmsfantasy.vegas.com/

The lowest I see is about a grand over what you're paying, but if you can get them down I'm guessing your guests might kick in some cash...

Old Dec 29, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
Bellagio is pretty reserved for a 21 year old. I would definitely look at the Mirage, Palms, Planet Hollywood, something like that who cater to the younger set. You would have much more fun
Old Dec 29, 2010, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Emeraldcity
Bellagio is pretty reserved for a 21 year old. I would definitely look at the Mirage, Palms, Planet Hollywood, something like that who cater to the younger set. You would have much more fun
Add Hard Rock to that list.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 7:07 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The new HRH Tower at Hard Rock have some really nice Penthouse Suites with varied themes which may be of consideration but I have no idea on price.

Another consideration may be THEHotel's "H" suites which are pretty large.
Old Dec 29, 2010, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. The fact that the Bellagio tends to target an older crowd concerns me; however, the people in my party as well as myself are not big partiers. I like the idea of staying on the strip in refined, luxurious hotel since we can have cocktails in the room and then go out later. I checked with Planet Hollywood and they won't let me reserve any of the larger suites as they are reserved for invited guests and can only be upgraded into at time of arrival. Hard Rock is appealing although all of their penthouses are booked for the weekend due to March Madness, Nascar, and a construction expo. I think my best bet will be the Mirage villas which seem well priced - at least a lot lower than the Mansion - and they provide privacy and great amenities. I also put an L penthouse suite at the Hotel on hold as it's the largest suite in that particular property and it's only $1100 per night.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by vuitton24
Thank you all for your replies. The fact that the Bellagio tends to target an older crowd concerns me; however, the people in my party as well as myself are not big partiers. I like the idea of staying on the strip in refined, luxurious hotel since we can have cocktails in the room and then go out later. I checked with Planet Hollywood and they won't let me reserve any of the larger suites as they are reserved for invited guests and can only be upgraded into at time of arrival. Hard Rock is appealing although all of their penthouses are booked for the weekend due to March Madness, Nascar, and a construction expo. I think my best bet will be the Mirage villas which seem well priced - at least a lot lower than the Mansion - and they provide privacy and great amenities. I also put an L penthouse suite at the Hotel on hold as it's the largest suite in that particular property and it's only $1100 per night.
Then Bellagio it is!!!!

Forget Planet Hollywood. Not nearly the experience that Bellagio is and it's not all that big of a youthful party paradise. Mirage is fine, but I wouldn't switch there from Bellagio unless it's just a money decision. A little extra room won't make up for what you'll give up imho.

Hard rock is great if you want this:

That's pretty much what every inch of the place looks like. If that's your scene, it's the place. Doesn't sound like it is though.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 2:24 am
Original Poster

HA! You've reinforced my decision to keep the Bellagio. Those pictures show overgrown frat boys and sorority girls...not really my scene, although I'd love to go to those places to witness the crazy.

My other thought was the Aria sky villas since they seem to be reasonably priced and spacious. Anyone have experience with them?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
The Aria Sky Villas seem nice. There was a recent blog post with photos of it:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...-sky-villa-19/
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
You might want to look at one of the large suites at the RIO. They tend to be a lot cheaper than on strip properties and are a nice in the middle property as far as the crowd goes.I think they are called Ipanema suites? They are on the end of the Masqurade tower.
Also the Marriott Chateau has very large 2 bedroom units at very good prices-1/2 block to the strip.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A year or so ago I got upgraded to a huge suite at THEhotel through the Amex FHR program. Not sure which kind of suite. It was really nice - big living room and dining room, wet bar, separate office area, huge bedroom with sitting area, huge bathroom with (jacuzzi?) tub and steam shower. I think there was an optional adjoining room (see door on right side of first picture below) From the fire safety floor plan it looked like it was probably a standard hotel room. So you could get 4 people in this suite (the bedroom was King, not sure about the adjoining) or 6 if two sleep on the couches (and they permit you). But aside from the sleeping arrangements, I think it would make a great entertainment space.

Additionally, THEhotel/Mandalay is a good choice for your group -- definitely young and fun but not the "overgrown frat boy" atmosphere at Hard Rock (and probably Palms). A drawback of course is the location, semi-isolated at the South end of the Strip, but between Mandalay and Luxor you'll have plenty to do, and the monorail can get you close to MGM Grand and NYNY relatively quickly.

Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: Quintessentially Elite, Amex Cent, UA* Lifetime Plat (2mm+), AA CK (6mm+)
Originally Posted by ijgordon
A year or so ago I got upgraded to a huge suite at THEhotel through the Amex FHR program. Not sure which kind of suite.
That's an H-Suite at THEhotel. It's their largest web-bookable suite, although they do offer larger suites within the concept.

He's already mentioned Mirage Villas, Bellagio 3br Penthouse and now a possible look into Aria's SkyVilla, so let's keep it at that level when it comes to any future suggestions. Not that Marriott, Mandalay and Rio aren't fine properties, but they're definitely not what this guy is looking for.

The only thing I can suggest at Mandalay would be the Hospitality Suites (3k+ sq ft) or the Media Suite (2500+ sq ft). The furnishings are pedestrian and along with much of Mandalay, nothing really stands out. It's a fine property, but when you're spending a chunk of cash for a nice room, fine usually isn't good enough. You want more.

Personally, I'd call Wynncore and see what they can offer you for either a 2br Fairway Villa at Wynn or a 2-3 bedroom duplex/apt at Encore. If it's refined luxe you're looking for, Wynncore beats Bellagio/MGM hands down each and every time. I don't think there would be too many folks here who would argue that.

BN
Old Dec 31, 2010, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Last year for my birthday I was able to reserve a beautiful penthouse atop the Mandalay Bay, though as previously mentioned, the furnishings are rather standard and can hardly be considered opulent. With regards to the Wynncore suggestion, I wholeheartedly agree. Their 2 bedroom apartment is going for $2500, which seems fair. I'm going to ask the Encore to see a floor plan and some pictures of that apartment since it's not frequented by many reviewers. Surprisingly the duplex apartment is at $8000 per night, which is out of my intended price range and quite a large jump from the other smaller apartment. I'll check tomorrow on the fairway villas' availability and pricing. Thank you!
Old Jan 2, 2011, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lets try this again... can anyone provide information on the $2000 3BR at bellagio?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.