Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LA/LP 789/763 - aisle or window for business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Flying a 763 IAD-LIM and returning on the 789 LIM-JFK. First time on LAN and first time in a 2-2-2 business class (all prior lie-flat flights were 1-2-1 configurations on other airlines).

Is there any consensus on the better place to sit on these planes when flying solo on an overnight flight - either the window (seats A/L) or in one of the center two seats (D/H)? I know the center pair means direct aisle access without anybody climbing over me, but how well will it work when sleeping right next to the aisle, especially on the narrower seats of the 767? Am I likely to hear/feel the breeze every time somebody walks next to the aisle?

Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: LANPASS
It comes down to personal preference I guess.

Personally, once I fall asleep it takes a ship horn to wake me up and I'll most of the time not move the whole flight, so windows are fine for me.

In the 2-2-2 config, you will, however, encounter a neighbour that has to jump over you a couple of times throughout the flight if you pick seats C or J, so if that bothers you and still need direct aisle access, stick to D and H

D and H are just as comfortable as C and J, so if you care for aisle access, it's actually a matter of personal preference. Center seats will be *slightly* more comfortable as any banking of the plane will be slightly less perceived being near the central axis of the fuselage (just as pitching is less notorious in the center section of the plane when compared to full front or full rear seats). It's not a big deal anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.