Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Delay compensation (of a 19-hour delay)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Multiple

I was on a flight from IPC to PPT. It was delayed for 19 hours due to mechanical issues and it caused more than inconveniences as you can imagine. What kind of compensation am I supposed to get? Any recommendation on how to ask/ file a complaint?

Thanks all!
Old May 4, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: plat, aa. spg.
Thumbs down Need to do a better job on the ground.

Hey! I feel your pain. My group was delayed for TWO days out of El Calafate to AEP. And when we were finally in the air, they changed the arrival airport to EZE. I don't know how the poor folks with connecting flights made it back to AEP in time for their flights.

We had an extra taxi fare across town added to our list of extra costs from NO SHOW hotel deposits.

We're also having trouble receiving our accredited miles. For 3 separate round trip flights.

Yikes. This company needs to get organized!

We also will be filing a complaint.
Old May 11, 2016, 6:39 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, COPA, Air Canada (dormant)
At the risk of turning this into the Four Yorkshiremen sketch, there was a recent case of a delay into and out of the Falklands that lasted FROM SATURDAY UNTIL FRIDAY.

Only a few passengers got any help from LAN (as was) - the logic seemed to be that those already checked in when the delay was announced were LAN's responsibility but not those who presented themselves for check in after the announcement.

Most were simply left stranded in Punta Arenas or Stanley and emergency arrangements had to be made for some by the Falkland Islands Government:

http://en.mercopress.com/2016/04/03/falklands-hospitality-praised-by-stranded-argentine-runners

(In the interests of balance, I would mention that the BA Herald gave the story a spin in the opposite direction.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.