Wiki Posts
Search

New LATAM Livery

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
New LATAM Livery

So, it's April and still there is no official announcement about the new LATAM livery, but we already have leaked docs and most important, real photos from Everett and the first 787-9 (CC-BGK) with the new livery:

any thoughts?
Attached Images    
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:33 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
I found this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/woodysaeroimages/

Which is, I guess, where you got those images from. (and i'm not native, so i'm ending my sentences with a preposition, LOL).
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:11 am

Programs: LANPASS
Looks very Interbrand-ish... no surprises here. Everything is in line with leaks that have been circulating in the last few months.

Official presentation is scheduled, according to some insider tips I got, for April 28th.

First flight with LATAM planes (3 flights on different routes) are scheduled for May 5th. IIRC, we should expect 1 brazil domestic, 1 GRU-SCL and 1 SCL-LIM on that day

The planes that will be used on that day are not new. they are current fleet members which are being repainted under a thick layer of secrecy
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
It will look better once the design is extended down the rear fuselage

But generally disappointing after the promising brand image launch last year.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 10:56 am

it reminds me of BA.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LATAM Gold, IHG Gold Ambassador
it reminds me the Dutch police

Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:19 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I like how "Dynamic angles from LATAM to the world, from the world to LATAM" means absolutely nothing, probably not even to the person that wrote it
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I like how "Dynamic angles from LATAM to the world, from the world to LATAM" means absolutely nothing, probably not even to the person that wrote it
That's advertising for you
Old Apr 25, 2016, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by BonzoLed
That's advertising for you
I don't think it is advertising actually. I think it is the corporate nonsense-speak that the design agency scribbled on the image for a decision makers' meeting.

Advertising would be aimed at consumers and I would hope it would make more sense or at least be more aspirational.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA
I don't think it is advertising actually. I think it is the corporate nonsense-speak that the design agency scribbled on the image for a decision makers' meeting.

Advertising would be aimed at consumers and I would hope it would make more sense or at least be more aspirational.
Aren't you though relieved that the plane will be warm inside?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Aren't you though relieved that the plane will be warm inside?
Well I am also "warmed" by the exterior elegance. Who wants to be taxiing at an airport and have passengers in a slicker ride pointing and laughing at you?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well I am also "warmed" by the exterior elegance. Who wants to be taxiing at an airport and have passengers in a slicker ride pointing and laughing at you?
If I'm drinking a pisco sour, I don't care. In fact, they're probably pointing in jealousy. If I'm told by the crew that for political reasons (in more polite terms) that this tramo can't have the beverage, then the exterior elegance while being pointed at will infuriate me.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If I'm drinking a pisco sour, I don't care. In fact, they're probably pointing in jealousy. If I'm told by the crew that for political reasons (in more polite terms) that this tramo can't have the beverage, then the exterior elegance while being pointed at will infuriate me.
No Pisco Sours available on board on my flights yesterday, and not enough time to get one in SCL due to a delayed incoming. Meaning I was stuck with having to have a Peruvian PS in Lima. I still maintain this to be a pale imitation of the real thing.

Hence then, a Chilean star on the tail of a flight which is PS-less just adds insult to injury.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:16 pm

careful.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: LANPASS
Being Chilean, I must disaggree with Ian

To my taste, Peruvian pisco sour is lightyears ahead of Chilean piscosour (assuming both are mixed and served by a competent bartender).

Let's not inflame this (it could easily escalate to a political discussion which I don't think the FT Forums are expecting to host), though. It all comes down to personal preference.

Pisco itself is a totally different spirit when made in Chile and Peru. While they share a common name, the grapes used and the whole process are different. the end product is quite different too. To me, Peruvian pisco is great for cocktail preparations such as pisco sour, and Chilean pisco sour provides a better base for "jack&coke" types of drinks such as Piscola (which is one-third pisco and two-thirds coke over ice).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.