Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Interlining bags LAN-BA on seperate tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold

I have a booking with LAN from SCL to GRU, and then GRU-LHR-OSL with BA on a seperate ticket. Will I be able to have my bags checked through to my final destination or will I have to collect my bags in GRU and check in again?
Thank you.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
There should be minimal problems making it happen. You'll get to use the elite check in upstairs where the agents know what's happening with the OW policy on this kind of thing. The only issue might be how long the layover is, I don't know what the time limit is at GRU for LAN holding bags to send them to another airline or when BA is ready to take them. I haven't had any issues with LAN interlining bags on separate tickets with layovers up to about 13 hours.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by ttuna3
There should be minimal problems making it happen. You'll get to use the elite check in upstairs where the agents know what's happening with the OW policy on this kind of thing. The only issue might be how long the layover is, I don't know what the time limit is at GRU for LAN holding bags to send them to another airline or when BA is ready to take them. I haven't had any issues with LAN interlining bags on separate tickets with layovers up to about 13 hours.
Thank you. The layover in GRU is just 4 hours so I guess it should be ok?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Haven't been through GRU yet but I'd think 4 hours should not be a problem. Just to be safe I'd check with BA at the club or the gate to make sure that the bags are there or on the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.