Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CS: Success Story

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

CS: Success Story

So, I have to report my successes along with my disappointments. After about 2 months of fighting like heck with CS (by email and by phone) I have been able to obtain the desired outcome: Elite status upgrade in accordance with LAN published policies.

While it is about 2 months late, it is welcomed. Unfortunately, in the past two months I have begun logging my miles (over 40k miles) with AA instead of LANPASS.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:12 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Details....?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Trying to recall... thinking you can retroactively ask LAN to move the points from AA over to your LPass account, should you want to do that.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

The details

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Details....?
Sure. Some of the details are scattered throughout the forum. I will try to present the pertinent ones here:

Background: I have accumulated over 200k km in the course of about a year. Almost 90 kms are OW qualifying km. I qualified for Premium Silver (OW Sapphire) in mid JUN2015.

Timeline of complaints:
- mid to late JUN: I call to confirm I my kms, ask for an increase in membership category, they tell me it will happen in a couple weeks.
- 18 JUL, Me: first written complaint requesting increase in membership status
- 20 JUL, LP: first response telling me to review the LANPASS website
- 21 JUL, Me: my second pair of complaints sent in english and spanish
- 22 JUL, LP: robot responses telling me to review the LP website
- 22 JUL, Me: I call LP CS in Argentina; they inform me that they cannot help me and request that I file a complaint online.
- 22 JUL, Me: I call LP CS in the USA; they tell me that I do in fact qualify for Premium Silver but that categories are only upgraded at the end of the year. I inform the CS rep that the terms and conditions state that categories will be upgraded as soon as conditions are met. I request to speak to her supervisor. She tells me there is no supervisor in the office at the moment. I told her I would wait on the line until one arrives. She hangs up the phone.
- 23 JUL, Me: response to LP in english and spanish this time I included my membership summary and a PDF of LP membership qualifications
- 23 JUL, LP: LP informs me I need 80k qualifying km to qualify for Premium Silver (I have over 80k qualifying kms)
- 23 JUL, Me: My legal offices send first letter to LP customer service with copies of all the previous communications listed above. All further communications I have with LP include previous communications, my LP account summary, and a PDF of the elite categories terms and conditions.
- 24 JUL, Me: first discussion of my issue on flyertalk
- 28 JUL, LP: LP informs me that in order to do an audit of my LP account they would need a copy of my passport
- 28JUL, LP: LP CS also sends me two separate emails with information on how to qualify for Premium Silver (pretty mush sending me the info from their website that I had already sent them)
- 05 AUG, LP: another email in spanish telling me how to qualify for Premium Silver (sending me info I had sent them)
- 05 AUG, Me: I send them a copy of my passport. I had previously sent them a copy of my passport.
- 05 AUG, LP: Back office thanks me for sending the pdf of my passport.
- 06 AUG, Me: My legal offices send another letter to LP customer service with copies of all the previous communications listed above.
- 06 AUG, LP: LP CS again sends another robo-response on how to qualify for the different elite membership categories, ignoring my account summary clearly showing that I qualify.
- 13 AUG, Me: I respond by email to the above describing the two different ways I qualify for Premium Silver.
- 13 AUG, LP: CS email in Spanish describing how to qualify for membership categories.
- 14 AUG: Me: I respond in Spanish describing the two different methods that I qualify for Premium Silver.
- 17 AUG, LP: Another robot-response describing how to qualify.
- 17 AUG, Me: I respond with two emails (in Spanish and English) describing how I qualify.
- 21 AUG, Me and LP: another back and forth in Spanish.
- 25 AUG, LP: they finally increase my membership category.
- 25 AUG, Me: I write a letter graciously thanking them for their attention to this matter.

I think there were a couple more calls and emails in there, but these are the ones I could quickly find. It was a long and frustrating battle of me sending emails then receiving nonsense robo-responses. I am thankful for the support I received on this forum. Now I just have to use all these kms. I will still fly LAN, but I will consider my alternatives carefully.

Last edited by thesofine; Sep 1, 2015 at 8:59 am
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:16 am

Programs: BA
I assume those last two months were AUG rather than JUL, as written?

I think to achieve successful resolution of any issue through LAN CS in only 2 months must be considered a victory. Sometimes they can be very helpful but, as is your experience, good CS is not their strong suit.

And, really, why should it be? Look at their competition.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
I assume those last two months were AUG rather than JUL, as written?
Oh, yes. Thanks for pointing that out. I have corrected the error.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Well another LAN CS "success", just got home to find my duplicate Comodoro package had arrived in the middle of August while I was out at sea. Of course this was supposed to have arrived back in the middle of April.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ttuna3
Well another LAN CS "success", just got home to find my duplicate Comodoro package had arrived in the middle of August while I was out at sea. Of course this was supposed to have arrived back in the middle of April.
You should be happy you received the comoodoro package. I have now been comodoro for over a month and have received anything yet... but I am not holding my breath. I am happy the the "raise" to comodoro was not as painful.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
thesofine you're not likely to see your new Comodoro card until next year given LAN's normal delay games. They're also changing things over to the 2016 cards as well. They'll probably give the usual response to wait for 45 days to get your card since the mail needs to get back them. Of course by that time it will be January and the 2015 card will be expiring in a month and a half anyway. If you really need a hard card the best way I've found is to put a post on the LAN Facebook wall and the social media team can usually get the Back Orifice to move things along. I've also had good results when I've talked to certain of the CS reps (PM me for the names) and just hang up if I get a couple more before they hang up on me for reminding them what the policy says.

Depending on where you're at a month is still fast by LAN BO standards!!!

Of course YMMV!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.