Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Upgrades with KMS discontinued on SCL MAD route

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

I called the call center today to purchase upgrades with LanPass kilometers on the SCL MAD route, and was told that it is possible to buy upgrades with kilometers on other routes, but no longer on the SCL MAD route. Has anyone seen anything in writing regarding this policy?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:03 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I doubt there has ever been any availability on SCL/UIO/LIM - MAD and SCL to AKL for either kms for upgrades or open J seats at full kms prices.

Refreshing that they are finally being honest about it, although it could be one of those rogue Colombia agents making up excuses so they don't have to trawl through 6 months of flights to find seats that don't exist.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: LATAM Black Signature, SPG Ambassador LT Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Sounds weird. I think that it's some availability issue, and not a "ban" on that specific route.

Contrary to what JohnnyColombia states, I've used Kms for UPG on the SCL-AKL-SYD route a couple of times without any issue.

Regards,
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:17 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BonzoLed

Contrary to what JohnnyColombia states, I've used Kms for UPG on the SCL-AKL-SYD route a couple of times without any issue.
I am envious now
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Hang up and call again.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

This from LAN`s Facebook page:
LAN Hola Richard, te comentamos que efectivamente la ruta aún se encuentra temporalmente inhabilitada para realizar UPG, sin embargo recibimos tus comentarios sobre la información no publicada para traspasarlos al área a cargo. Te recomendamos mantenerte atento a nuetras Redes Sociales y Lan.com. Saludos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.