Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Problem in Upgrading with Coupons on LAN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, COPA ConnectMiles Gold, LATAM Pass Gold

Hey Guys,
I´ve searched this sections for related post but found none. Sorry if I have missed this.

Lately (last 3 flights) I have been having problems upgrading with the upgrade coupons I get every year. I am AA PLT and LANPASS Premium.

Last time, I was on EZE-SCL and altought checked in and all, the website did not allow me to post for an upgrade. I managed to sort that out at the airport but had to change my account to LANPASS instead of being able to accure that miles to my AA account.

This last time (I am flying to GYE tomorrow) I had exactly the same problem but called LAN´s customer service desk and they said they had the same error and made the post for me, without having to change the FF program to LAN.

Have you guys had this problem at all? I know I always have the chance of calling LAN and having them post the upgrade for me, but that is sort of a nuissance.

Thanks
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by jpsantopinto

Last time, I was on EZE-SCL and altought checked in and all, the website did not allow me to post for an upgrade. I managed to sort that out at the airport but had to change my account to LANPASS instead of being able to accure that miles to my AA account.
I'm confused. How is the website going to know you have coupons unless you book it with your status?

I'v always found I have to book/upgrade from my LAN account then have the status removed at checkin.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jpsantopinto
Hey Guys,
I´ve searched this sections for related post but found none. Sorry if I have missed this.

Lately (last 3 flights) I have been having problems upgrading with the upgrade coupons I get every year. I am AA PLT and LANPASS Premium.

This last time (I am flying to GYE tomorrow) I had exactly the same problem but called LAN´s customer service desk and they said they had the same error and made the post for me, without having to change the FF program to LAN.

Have you guys had this problem at all? I know I always have the chance of calling LAN and having them post the upgrade for me, but that is sort of a nuissance.

Thanks
To have any decent chance at the upgrade you should have done your check-in on line under your LANPASS number at exactly 48 hours before departure time. You can still use all your Sapphire benefits simply by presenting your AA card at the airport. But you can never postulate a LANPASS upgrade if your ticket is booked under your AA number. I hope that is all clear. As for now I think the info that LAN gave you about not switching FF #s is highly dubious, They can not process an upgrade if you are checked in under your AA #. So, if it were me, I would go to the annulation of check-in:
http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/deschequeo/paso1.cgi
and start the check in process over using your LANPASS #. You should automatically retain your original check-in time to prioritize your request above all other Premiums who initially checked in after your first check in time. All the same, since you lost those first few precious hours n the 48 hour window, I would say your chances are now slim unless the flight is significantly undersold. Good luck and consider this a lesson learned.

Last edited by postular; Apr 14, 2015 at 5:43 pm Reason: link
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by postular
So, if it were me, I would go to the annulation of check-in:
http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/deschequeo/paso1.cgi
and start the check in process over using your LANPASS #.
I never even knew there /was/ a deschequeo page!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, COPA ConnectMiles Gold, LATAM Pass Gold
I am back from this trip and I was finally able to post for upgrades in all cases without losing my AA FF number. In both cases I got the upgrades.

My conclusion is that notwithstanding you cannot post online with any other FF number other than your LANPASS number, if you call LANPASS customer service and inform of this situation they will do it for you. They will ask for your LANPASS number but will not change the destination of the miles to be earned in that trip (in my case AAdvantage). They will post you up for upgrade with your LANPASS number. Also, as this is considered an "error" in their system you will be included first in line within your category as regards the time of posting. This could not be entirely true, but as a matter of fact happened in both my upgrades, in which I was placed on top of my other fellow category members.

Lesson learned. Yes, but in this case I managed to get the best out of both programmes.
Old May 13, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Which number did you call? I may have to do it next week, I don't want to swap my AA# with LA#, I need those miles on AA in order to qualify for Exc PLT .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.