Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 Out of 4 Ain't Bad.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
3 Out of 4 Ain't Bad.

Recently flew JFK-LIM-EZE-SCL-JFK and had the usual fine service for three of the flights but the SCL to JFK leg was so disappointing. Had planned on continuing the 1.5 hour tease from EZE to SCL on the Boeing 787 (which was amazing) but when we connected and went to re-board they swapped the 787 with a 767. To say this was a disappointment was an understatement. Of course they also happened to forget my special meal (which I need out of necessity) but scrambled to find something (which was appreciated, if in the end inedible -- but I always fly prepared).

Is it often that LAN swaps the 787 for the 767? Working on a full trip report with lots of photos that I hope to have up soon.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:49 pm

Programs: LATAM PASS Black Signature, AA EXP 3MM, BA Blue
Originally Posted by MichaelJFK
Is it often that LAN swaps the 787 for the 767?
So far this year the reliability rate of the 787 has improved dramatically compared to when LAN first began operations with the 787. Thus LAN rarely swaps the 787 for the 767; especially since they are deployed only on the SCL-EZE, SCL-JFK and SCL-MAD-FRA routes. Did you travel on 04/14? It looks like that is the only day this month that LAN had to take a 787 out of service for technical reasons (the 787 that was supposed to operate the SCL-MAD-FRA route). Therefore that flight was delayed and LAN decided to substitute the 787 from the SCL-JFK route for the SCL-MAD-FRA route.

04/14 LA532 787 CC-BBB EZE-SCL
04/14 LA532 763 CC-CRV SCL-JFK
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Yes, it was the 4/14 flight. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by SCL767
It looks like that is the only day this month that LAN had to take a 787 out of service for technical reasons (the 787 that was supposed to operate the SCL-MAD-FRA route). Therefore that flight was delayed and LAN decided to substitute the 787 from the SCL-JFK route for the SCL-MAD-FRA route.
the problem is that LAN can't simply swap the 787 for a 767 on the SCL-MAD-FRA-route as the 767 can't operate with full load on the long distance. some seats need to be left empty and no cargo can be loaded. that's why a 787 plane has priority on the SCL-MAD-FRA route.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

LAN "Customer Service".

Ugh! So after my disappointing flight with LAN from SCL-JFK I hear back from their "customer service" basically telling me that my gluten-free meal not being boarded was the fault of my travel agent and not theirs (after pushing for a response). All of my meals were on all of the flights I had booked for this itinerary with the exception of the continuation of the same flight originating in EZE. All they had to say was "sorry" but instead they placed the blame elsewhere (saying it was beyond their control). I have long been a LAN fan but they clearly could care less about a full-fare business passenger. Funny how my boarding pass clearly had "GFML" on it but it is my fault. So not only did I not get the 787 that I booked I got the proverbial middle finger from LAN...Nice!

Not to mention that I called LAN reservations three times before departure to confirm and once from Buenos Aires.

Last edited by MichaelJFK; Apr 29, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.