Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lan Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Can't pick seats?

Hi, from reviewing previous threads, it seems like certain fares that are booked don't allow for seat selection, except at 48 hours prior to the flight.

Is this still the case?

I booked SCL-IPC-SCL and I didn't get the opportunity to select a fare. So, I have two seats. I want to pick them in advance. I'm EXP with AA and was hoping that my oneworld Emerald status might help.

Any suggestions?

Thank you -
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:08 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by mrlonghorn
Hi, from reviewing previous threads, it seems like certain fares that are booked don't allow for seat selection, except at 48 hours prior to the flight.

Is this still the case?

I booked SCL-IPC-SCL and I didn't get the opportunity to select a fare. So, I have two seats. I want to pick them in advance. I'm EXP with AA and was hoping that my oneworld Emerald status might help.

Any suggestions?

Thank you -
Hi! What happens when you go to the "seat selection" page?

-----

recent experience:
My parents (Dad is Comodoro, mom doesn't have status) have award economy tickets for a LIM-MIA flight. I had selected seats on row 13 for them (green * seats, no cost because of Comodoro status) but at precheck-in, the seats showed up as "favorito" (blue) and the site was trying to charge $80 for my mom's seat. It did allow the free "green E" seat on the emergency row (25). I changed them to 25 and finished precheck-in anyway (wanted to get a good spot on the upgrade list).

Then I contacted the call center (rerouted quickly to the LANPASS Chile elite line) and they were able to change them back to row 13 at no cost (and without messing up the original check-in time for the upgrade list). They confirmed that the seats were free and asked to call if the same thing happens to the seats on the return flight (I suspect it will). They also mentioned that they can select the preferred seats for passengers on other PNRs if you give them a call.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I'd second the suggestion of getting in touch with the call centre - I couldn't change the seats on the Avios reward booking for my parents but the call centre staff were able to sort it.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by andreadbc
Hi! What happens when you go to the "seat selection" page?
Nothing. The page isn't functioning. It reads: "We‘re working for you. This service or section is temporarily under maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please keep browsing LAN.com!"
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Nothing. The page isn't functioning. It reads: "We‘re working for you. This service or section is temporarily under maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please keep browsing LAN.com!"
In this case you should call the U.S. call center and request seats as a One World Emerald. IMO, they should be able to accommodate you. I would be ready with the seats you want when you call. Do you have Expert Flyer access? How soon is your travel date (there may be an aircraft swap going on).?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by postular
In this case you should call the U.S. call center and request seats as a One World Emerald. IMO, they should be able to accommodate you. I would be ready with the seats you want when you call. Do you have Expert Flyer access? How soon is your travel date (there may be an aircraft swap going on).?
thanks postular...

I called 866-I-FLY-LAN and they couldn't help. Honestly, the poor chap was clueless. Do you know of another number? If so, I would be grateful and I will have some seat choices ready.

Yes, I do have an EF subscription.

Outbound to IPC is 9/14.

As far as a aircraft swap is concerned, I seem to recall they only fly 76-3's on this route.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:23 am

FYI, I called them back and they claim that this isn't a benefit (OW Emerald being able to pick seats). Very frustrating but they have a monopoly on flights to Easter Island and I can't swim 2400 miles.

If anyone has an alternate number to 866-I FLY LAN I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:54 pm

FYI, I called them back and they claim that this isn't a benefit (OW Emerald being able to pick seats). Very frustrating but they have a monopoly on flights to Easter Island and I can't swim 2400 miles.

If anyone has an alternate number to 866-I FLY LAN I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Did you book the tickets through AA? If so, I would call them and ask to request the seats from LAN.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:56 pm

thanks postular...

I called 866-I-FLY-LAN and they couldn't help. Honestly, the poor chap was clueless. Do you know of another number? If so, I would be grateful and I will have some seat choices ready.

Yes, I do have an EF subscription.

Outbound to IPC is 9/14.

As far as a aircraft swap is concerned, I seem to recall they only fly 76-3's on this route.
They will be introducing 787 service on this route fairly soon.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by postular
Did you book the tickets through AA? If so, I would call them and ask to request the seats from LAN.
No, unfortunately, I booked them on lan.com. Interesting about the 787. EF still shows a 76-3 but I'll keep trying.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
I'd second the suggestion of getting in touch with the call centre - I couldn't change the seats on the Avios reward booking for my parents but the call centre staff were able to sort it.

I had the exact same experience. I used the call center and within 15 minutes I had my seats (exit row) assigned.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
My experience based on having called LAN USA is that some tickets are not valid for pre selection and one has to wait until 48h before the flight.

My ticket concerned an internal Chilean flight and I have Oneworld Sapphire by AB
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Seat selection not working for weeks. Spinning wheel. Called and got seat assignments. OW status does not get you preferred seats.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
And OLCI has been broken for about a week, for me.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Are there any tricks or ways to make seat selection work? Still getting the spinning circle when I click continue after selecting a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.