Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lan Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: LAN Commodore
Originally Posted by postular
David, please tell me your secret. I tried calling (as a Comodoro) to get 2L and I get the same usual "only at the airport" speech. What are you doing that I am doing wrong?

I not only did it for Those LIM-MIA flights, but also for my MR to MEX flight next weekend. That call was about two weeks out. I imagine you are using the Spanish speaking agents¿¿??
Old Jan 24, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
English line. Are you saying that the Spanish speaking agents do it but not the English speaking? I'm so confused.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
I've had issues with getting anything in J on flights that have a stopover (LA600, LA593) other than row 5 without calling. That only seems to happen when I've been going straight through without a layover or flight number change. A quick call got everything fixed. I was only Premium Silver then and they've been paid tickets.

As usual with LAN YMMV.

Last edited by ttuna3; Jan 26, 2014 at 7:35 am Reason: Typo/Senior Moment
Old Jan 27, 2014, 12:37 pm

English line. Are you saying that the Spanish speaking agents do it but not the English speaking? I'm so confused.
No idea. I use the Spanish speaking elite line.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by david_33
No idea. I use the Spanish speaking elite line.
So just to be clear David -- you are Comodoro or Comodoro Black? Also can you PM which number you are calling? THANKS!
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:26 am

I´m just a lowly Comodoro. I call the local Lima number (213 8200) which connects me with the Chilean LANPASS agents, who are in Santiago I suppose. I don´t push the button for an English or Portuguese speaking agent. The recording asks for my LANPASS number and telef. password, identifies me as an elite member and shuttles me to one of the elite agents.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:47 pm

Update, I was printing my boarding passes and noticed they had taken back my 2Ls. Will see if that happens for my March flights also.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Just a wee update. As mentioned before, I'd made an economy redemption for my folks with LAN. They were auto-assigned the last row (28) and trying to change online just showed a spinning circle.

I called LAN today (just on their UK number but it auto-forwarded) and gave the agent the LAN booking reference obtained from CheckMyTrip - within a couple of minutes they were moved forward to row 9, which is now showing on the LAN website.

Painless process, not sure why it won't work online but at least the agent was very helpful!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Just a wee update. As mentioned before, I'd made an economy redemption for my folks with LAN. They were auto-assigned the last row (28) and trying to change online just showed a spinning circle.

I called LAN today (just on their UK number but it auto-forwarded) and gave the agent the LAN booking reference obtained from CheckMyTrip - within a couple of minutes they were moved forward to row 9, which is now showing on the LAN website.

Painless process, not sure why it won't work online but at least the agent was very helpful!
I had a bad case of SWS a couple of days ago (many tries, different computers, different browsers), which finally took a LAN rep to assign.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 7:10 pm

But he mystery remains: how is David getting 2L (even if he subsequently loses them)? The agents tell me the seats show up a blocked and they can;t assign them even for Comodoros ( all under airport control). There must ne some trick I am missing. 2L l is my preferrred roost for sleeping fights --- you know the ones where you decline all service and out on your eyes mask just aster the seatbelt sign goes off.

Last edited by postular; Feb 9, 2014 at 7:15 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by EDIflyer

Too lazy to check back on the thread, but 9 is a non-reclining seat ahead of the exits on a LP domestic A319.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 11:38 am

But he mystery remains: how is Davis getting 2L (even if he subsequently loses them)? The agents tell me the seats show up a blocked and they can;t assign them even for Comodoros ( all under airport control). There must ne some trick I am missing. 2L l is my preferrred roost for sleeping fights --- you know the ones where you decline all service and out on your eyes mask just aster the seatbelt sign goes off.
Oh, they cannot? Yes they can. Recently I checked in #1 and an Emerald seat was already assigned. I'll post more on the Comodoro Black thread.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Too lazy to check back on the thread, but 9 is a non-reclining seat ahead of the exits on a LP domestic A319.
Damn! Thank for highlighting that - what are they like about pre-assigning exit row seats? (thinking of moving back to 10!)
Old Feb 4, 2014, 1:58 pm

Nah, exit row seats are generally held to airport control...

but Emeralds can now select exit row on international flights at T-48 (if they get the software to work properly.)
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:14 pm

OK thanks anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.