Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

First and Last names mixed up on ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold

I have just bought three tickets on one reservation on LAN CHILE (SCL_IPC) and I have mixed up the first and last names. I have asked the LAN CHILE desk to rectify my mistake and they said that it should not be a problem. Still not convinced that this will be smooth going at the airport. Has any one any suggestions or has anyone had a similar experience?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by 3galsontour
I have just bought three tickets on one reservation on LAN CHILE (SCL_IPC) and I have mixed up the first and last names. I have asked the LAN CHILE desk to rectify my mistake and they said that it should not be a problem. Still not convinced that this will be smooth going at the airport. Has any one any suggestions or has anyone had a similar experience?
I agree with the LAN desk (gosh, did I really just say that? ).
Old Jul 19, 2013, 2:51 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
I agree with the LAN desk (gosh, did I really just say that? ).
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by 3galsontour
You'll be fine. I still can't remember the new name Chile gave me on my ID card without looking at it, but it works all the same...
Old Jul 23, 2013, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Many thanks - Easter Island here we come.
Old May 21, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I also committed the same mistake of mixing up our first and last names for our SCL-PUQ-PMC-SCL flights on LAN Chile, and although it looks like everyone agrees that it will be fine, should I even attempt to call them to fix it? I'm mainly worried about being able to board.

Secondarily, would it still be possible to collect miles on these if I don't fix it?

Thanks!!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:19 am

Wow, This happened to me as well. On the SCL-IPC flight the first and last name got reversed. I called LAN and was given a case number. Then LAN left me a voice mail saying that a note was made on my reservation and no further action is needed.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:53 am

Somehow, my tickets were listed as Tom but my passport reads Thomas. I had a minor delay of about 5 minutes while a supervisor had to come over, but they let me board no problem once I explained.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.