Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

First Biofuel flight in Southamerica

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:22 am
Original Poster

LAN today completed the first biofuel flight in SA, a special flight on a regular route (SCL-CCP) in which 30% of the fuel loaded was biofuel.
As with all of these flights, we'll probably not see any actual passenger flights done with biofuel, but in a near future we might...
Aircraft used was CC-BAU, one of the newest A320s in LAN's Fleet
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Whenever I hear about bio-fuels I think of this old joke from SNL's Weekend Update:

New Scientist magazine reported on Wednesday that in the future cars could be powered by hazelnuts. That's encouraging, considering An 8-ounce jar of hazelnuts costs about $9. Yeah, I got an idea for a car that runs on bald eagle heads and Faberge eggs.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:42 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by phlashba
Whenever I hear about bio-fuels I think of this old joke from SNL's Weekend Update:

New Scientist magazine reported on Wednesday that in the future cars could be powered by hazelnuts. That's encouraging, considering An 8-ounce jar of hazelnuts costs about $9. Yeah, I got an idea for a car that runs on bald eagle heads and Faberge eggs.
This was great
Old Mar 8, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
they had lots of pictures on facebook two days ago ...

now all of them are removed but the group photo ...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.