Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Delayed flight compensation question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 5:35 pm
fet
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond

Three of us flew IGR-AEP at the end of December. We purchased our LAN tickets paying $$ through AA. Our flight was delayed by over 2.5 hours due to mechanical problems Are we entitled for any compensation?
Thank you.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:38 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Sorry, nope.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
I had a 11 hour delay from LIM-IPC. Is there any Peruvian/Chilean/South American right to compensation for any sort of delay, or am I out of luck?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Passenger don't have automatic rights when there are delays so having good travel insurance is always more than recomendable. Especially in case of LIM-IPC would be very complicated to prove that the delay isn't force majeure event as IPC is probably the most isolated commercial airport in the world... However, when I have had this kind of delays because of mechanical issues, I have been offered a hotel room.

For LANPass members I would recommend trying to get LANpass kilometres as compensation through libro de reclamos at LAN Perú site.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by miikkak
Passenger don't have automatic rights when there are delays so having good travel insurance is always more than recomendable. Especially in case of LIM-IPC would be very complicated to prove that the delay isn't force majeure event as IPC is probably the most isolated commercial airport in the world... However, when I have had this kind of delays because of mechanical issues, I have been offered a hotel room.

For LANPass members I would recommend trying to get LANpass kilometres as compensation through libro de reclamos at LAN Perú site.
Where on the English site would I do this? All I see is a general feedback form at: http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/feedback/feedback.cgi

There aren't any major damages. We were given a hotel room and transportation; it's just that we lost a day out of our trip to IPC. I have a LANpass account with 500 km, so I'm not sure what a token km compensation will do for me.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
I had a 11 hour delay from LIM-IPC. Is there any Peruvian/Chilean/South American right to compensation for any sort of delay, or am I out of luck?
For a delay of 2-4 hours, you get a drink and one 3-minute phone call ... really.

Except if after 10PM you get hotel and translados.

4-6 hours, meals

More than 6 hours you get the above plus 25% of value of the segment.

From Lan Colombia pax rights:
http://www.lan.com/upload/pdf/GUIA%20PASAJERO.pdf

Last edited by bingocallerb22; Aug 31, 2012 at 3:11 pm
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
More than 6 hours you get the above plus 25% of value of the segment.

From Lan Colombia pax rights:
http://www.lan.com/upload/pdf/GUIA%20PASAJERO.pdf
25% of the value in what? I was traveling on an award issued by BA.

Is that pax rights link for LAN Peru/Chlile too?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by $1500forGLD
25% of the value in what? I was traveling on an award issued by BA.

Is that pax rights link for LAN Peru/Chlile too?
Not sure how they handle award flights.

The link is from the Lan Colombia site, never been able to find it elsewhere...

well that is not quite true, I have seen an obscure version elsewhere when surfing deep in the bowels of the spanish website... I will look around...
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:10 pm
Used to be highman123

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
Not sure how they handle award flights.

The link is from the Lan Colombia site, never been able to find it elsewhere...

well that is not quite true, I have seen an obscure version elsewhere when surfing deep in the bowels of the spanish website... I will look around...
Did you ever get any compensation? I had two 3hr delays IGR-AEP and FTE-AEP which LAN just shook off as sorry but we do NEVER pay compensation for delays.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum Eurobonus -Silver
Hi
I just learned that my flight SCL-IPC has been delayed 14 hours
That means that I´m going to waste one night already paid in Isla de Pascua. The lady over the phone told me that my only compensation is the right of changing the date or route of the flight, or refund my money.
We want to take the flight tomorrow anyway, but I think that Lan is getting away with zero pesos for this huge delay.
Also, the lady told me the reason was "weather", when the sun is shinning in SCL-IPC and wherever in the middle.
So, should I fight for a compensation or just chew my anger?
PS. I just found out that the real reason of the delay is a technical problem in the plane that flights the route. Bad weather, yes, sure.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:33 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Dania 1581
PS. I just found out that the real reason of the delay is a technical problem in the plane that flights the route. Bad weather, yes, sure.
So, we're you dealing with UA or LA?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
Dania 1581,

Try calling LAN again and let them know it was a mechanical. It's SOP for the phone and airport agents always claim weather as a starting position. Letting them know that you know it was a mechanical early on usually gets them to change their tune. If not HUCA a couple of time and if that doesn't work then an accurate but snarky post on Facebook or other social media usually gets results. I've had the LAN social media team get back with a question or two within an hours and resolution a couple of hours later(or when ever the Back Orifice opened up after the weekend) and they seem to be able to get most things corrected in spite of the Customer "Service" team from H!@#.

Of course its LAN so YMMV!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.