Wiki Posts
Search

Bag drop in Cusco

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Bag drop in Cusco

Interesting new idea.. Lan now allows you to drop your bag in Cusco city 4-24 hours before flight, then later go directly to boarding gate at the airport...

Te presentamos...Bag Drop LAN

¿Qué es Bag Drop LAN?

Es el servicio que te permite dejar tu maleta en la ciudad de Cusco e ir directamente a la sala de embarque de acuerdo a la hora indicada en tu boarding pass.

¿Qué tengo que hacer?

Lleva tu maleta a Plaza Regocijo N° 202 (abajo del restaurante Chicha) con un mínimo de 4 horas de anticipación a la salida de tu vuelo. Bag Drop LAN estará operativo desde las 8 a.m. hasta las 6 p.m.
Realiza el pago de US$ 10.00 ó S/. 29.00 y solicita tu comprobante de pago.
Este servicio es apto para pasajeros de todos los vuelos.
Las maletas pueden ser dejadas con un máximo de anticipación de 24 horas antes de la salida de tu vuelo.

√ Atendemos todos los vuelos.
√ Anticipación máxima para dejar maletas: 24 horas antes del vuelo.
√ Anticipación mínima para dejar maletas: 4 horas antes del vuelo.
√ Dirección: Plaza Regocijo N°202
√ Costo del servicio: US$ 10.00 ó S/.29.00, incluye IGV.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:11 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Interesting, but what purpose does it serve?

Rather than leave your bags FOC in your hostal after you check out, you wheel them down to that plaza, then get a taxi from the street?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Well, maybe not as earth shattering as finding a way to get free beer but may be useful... if you have a later flight, no need for late check out at hotel, no need to return to hotel to get your bags, avoiding the line up at check in bag drop, just go directly to gate, so go to airport later... see more time for beers afterall?
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:29 am

Is the "service" being provided by a third party?

Given CUZ is the crossroads where the world's unwashed meet, I cannot see them forking out S/.29 for a bag drop service.

I wouldn't bother with it, S/.29 is two portions of papa a la huancaina and two grilled trouts on my ready reckoner.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:21 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Would you really want more people having access to your bag in a country known for theft?

The less time in the terminal / bag drop area the better!!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Actually, my observation is that Lan takes bag security quite seriously. I recently saw baggage crew getting frisked randomly on the tarmac and also at exiting the job. Your greater risk, by far, is getting your bag safely to the airport or drop off.

Johnny the great unwashed must be rich though... have you seen the prices at Cusco and for Machu Pichu recently!! 100-year celebration of the gravy train going on. By contrast, went to Aypate recently, it is called the Machu Pichu of the north, no entrance fee and no crowds... I was one of the few tourists there that afternoon... (nice chat with the three archeologists / biologists working the site). Aypate lucky if it sees 4 tourists a day, MP sees 4000 a day. I can imagine a few of those 4000 will use the drop off service for any one of the 14 daily Lan flights. 14x144, so potentially 2000 passengers per day.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:30 pm

Oh I think the great unwashed have plenty of money, but if they put pictures on Facebook in which they are not wearing beany hats, combat pants and woven hemp gloves then they won't be able to convince their friends back home that they are Phileas Fogg discovering an uncharted new world (along with 3999 other people)

Having undertaken meticulous research over the last 3 years, I am fairly convinced that most of the guys touring South America are only here because they have mirror crackingly ugly girlfriends that they wouldn't be seen dead with in London/Sydney/NYC/Toronto etc.

Actually perhaps "Bag Drop" refers to the place where one dumps one's girlfriend before heading back home and getting a job in the banking sector

Interesting stats though, how do the other 2000 per day get to Machu Picchu?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

sorry to mislead, not stats just back of the napkin... looked at CUZ for tomorrow... 78 arrivals... mostly 319s... and it is not busy season yet!.. and some brave actually take the bus, yes, its true... or walk in like Hiram Bingham... I think he had one of those hats. Helicopters are sooo not chic.

actually could be more, but they put that limit on entrances to MP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.