Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LA532 Change planes in SCL???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You will disembark. You will go through transit security. If you have lounge access, you can visit a lounge. [...] You may or may not get on the same aircraft you left. You will have a new crew.
I presume the same applies to the "direct" LAX-EZE (and reverse) flights that officially plane-change at LIM?

And is transit security the same type of security you would go through when entering an airport, or something different?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I presume the same applies to the "direct" LAX-EZE (and reverse) flights that officially plane-change at LIM?

And is transit security the same type of security you would go through when entering an airport, or something different?
Yup. Note also that on the LIM/USA segments, you also get gate molestations.

The only thru flights that I'm aware of that don't do this are the same crew/same plane SCL/LIM/USA flights (LAX and JFK).
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yup. Note also that on the LIM/USA segments, you also get gate molestations.
Actually, I don't mind gate molestations, as long as they've allowed time for them. I travel with old-fashioned film that I prefer to have hand-checked (and certainly don't want sent through any "over-zealous" X-ray machines like the ones labeled as "will damage film" at DFW), and so extra "regular" screenings is what annoys me more.

Also, do you know if Peru allows tripods in carry-on? Most countries I've been to do, including Argentina in my experience, but Brazil doesn't in my experience. I'd be super-annoying to be able to carry-on something at EZE that LIM rejects as a carry-on!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
If I was to fly this itinerary, would I need to clear immigration or does SCL do airside transits?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
You don't clear Immigration in SCL, it's an airside transit with a security check.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by ttuna3
You don't clear Immigration in SCL, it's an airside transit with a security check.
Thank you for this. Any chance you've sampled restaurants in the terminal there (SCL)?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: BA
I can recommend the Pisco Sours
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
I can recommend the Pisco Sours
I've had this for breakfast in a LIM lounge ^
Old Nov 10, 2015, 2:08 pm

There are many options, including recently, a Johnny Rockets I didn't go to because I was so busy staring at aircraft on the apron from the new LAN and TAM Salón Vip...
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:50 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I've had this for breakfast in a LIM lounge ^
Peruvian Pisco Sours are a pale imitation of the real thing. Not for nothing is there a bar on the concourse in SCL called "The Last Pisco Sour".
Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Peruvian Pisco Sours are a pale imitation of the real thing. Not for nothing is there a bar on the concourse in SCL called "The Last Pisco Sour".
Whereupon swords are drawn, the battle continues, and as long as this continues (which will be forever and a day), Bolivia will still not have access to the sea.

Now back to your regularly scheduled "what happens on the thru-flights via SCL" programming.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Carefull there. I think that both peruvian and chilean piscos and pisco sours are good for their own countries. Let's not say one is better; the same argument can be made for chilean and argentinian wine, no one will win that battle.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:13 pm
Suspended

When I selected seat(s) for this flight, it only showed me one flight option. Implying that it is one and the same plane flying EZE-SCL and SCL-JFK...?
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
When I selected seat(s) for this flight, it only showed me one flight option. Implying that it is one and the same plane flying EZE-SCL and SCL-JFK...?
That's how thru-numbering works. The fact that you physically change aircraft doesn't allow you to have different seats on each segment.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
That's how thru-numbering works. The fact that you physically change aircraft doesn't allow you to have different seats on each segment.
What?
I could give an RJ connecting to a A380 the same flight number. No way in hell would the seat be the same...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.