Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Less than 24 hours stopover in Seoul, luggage question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

I will fly from JFK to ICN and arrive at about 4:00pm, then stay overnight in ICN and fly back to HK at 1:00pm next day, do I need to pick up my check-in luggage in ICN? Or I can check through to HKG? Thanks
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Qantas FF, Korean Air, Emirates FF, Mariott, IHG, Hilton
If it's a connection you should be able to, if it's a separate ticket you might need to collect and then check again. I'd confirm with the checkin desk on the first leg.

When I went to Malta on KE I had to purchase a Separate ticket from LHR to MLA on Air Malta and on the leg from Syd - MLA they allowed me to send my baggage directly to MLA but from MLA > SYD they made me collect my baggage in Rome where I was then hopping on a KE flight back to ICN > SYD
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:15 am

I've done this about 4 times. My bags have always been checked-through. Insist on the Hyatt ^
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:25 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I flew from HKG-ICN-DFW. I was asked if I wanted to pick up in ICN or check-through by Cathay. I said check-through.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Great, thanks for everyone answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.