Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

Multi City Booking Pricing Each Segment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Reading several blogs on booking KE award with stopovers, most sites say stopovers are allowed (maybe 2 for RT), and you are allowed an open jaw at the destination. When I try to implement this on the KE website, I'm unable to book as desired. What I'm trying to book is IAD-TAE, TAE-CJU, CJU-TAE, TAE-IAD. I'm able to book this separately as 2 one ways for 90k RT.

Also, when I try to book a simple RT from IAD-TAE, it adds 10k total to the RT because of the ICN-TAE segment. For a total of 80k RT.

Am I missing something here?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:24 am

Each domestic flight is counted separately regardless of connection time. Stopover is allowed only from one country to another, not with a domestic trip. You have 4 domestic flights or 2 without Jeju, that you're paying 5K for each flight. I know, that sucks.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Each domestic flight is counted separately regardless of connection time. Stopover is allowed only from one country to another, not with a domestic trip. You have 4 domestic flights or 2 without Jeju, that you're paying 5K for each flight. I know, that sucks.
Sheesh. Yes that sucks. Could I transfer to any other airlines to get the award flight cheaper?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:47 pm

If you have SPG, transfer to Alaska might result in cheaper points for the same trip. You cannot transfer KE miles to somewhere else. If you meant to take another airline to Daegu or Jeju, remember that KE charges more to take partner airlines.

You still have ground transport to Daegu and LCC to Jeju.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.