Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

KE "take over" award ticket from Delta for $$?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro

Hello KE FT!

Can I pay KE to take over an award booked with Delta on KE metal?

Explanation of why:

Ultimately I would like to fly F instead of J. I booked JFK-ICN-AKL for 95,000 Skymiles via DL.com. KE chart shows some F awards for 80,000 KE miles (I don't know if F is available on my route and dates for 80,000KE. Would Skymiles/sky team translate into being able to be in F if KE controlled? I know there is no F on partners with/via Delta.

Thanks for any info or suggestions even if I can upgrade with KE miles!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:57 am

Since miles are not transferable between partners in any alliance, I would think the answer is a no. At first I thought this could be possible in Star Alliance using SAUA, but that requires a paid ticket. With Skyteam having a less robust partner upgrade system, I feel like this isn't possible. But, give them a call and let us know if they can do anything!

That being said, F award availability on your route is so-so. JFK-ICN is tricky as availability dries up the sooner the date and there aren't many seats available to begin with. ICN-AKL is easy to find at any time though.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Thank you for your info. My flight is mid January on the 12:50(?)am Tuesday departure from JFK. I will see what KE says and report back!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:53 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not possible. You will need to book a new award with KE miles (and cancel the DL award).
Old Sep 30, 2016, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Hello KE FT!

Can I pay KE to take over an award booked with Delta on KE metal?

Explanation of why:

Ultimately I would like to fly F instead of J. I booked JFK-ICN-AKL for 95,000 Skymiles via DL.com. KE chart shows some F awards for 80,000 KE miles (I don't know if F is available on my route and dates for 80,000KE. Would Skymiles/sky team translate into being able to be in F if KE controlled? I know there is no F on partners with/via Delta.

Thanks for any info or suggestions even if I can upgrade with KE miles!
If you do find a way, let us know, but currently no way to use DL miles to get KE first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.