Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ICN Prestige Lounge Impressions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
ICN Prestige Lounge Impressions

The other day I had my first time to transfer through Incheon. Overall I was impressed with the airport. I had an interline transfer from Qatar Airways to an inter-Asia KE flight. Everything went smoothly, including the bag transfer. I made it from the satellite terminal to the main one quickly and painlessly.
When I got to the Prestige Lounge at about 5 pm, it was pretty much completely full. I tried the left side first and there was literally nowhere to sit. On the other side I was finally able to squeeze in one of the middle seats in the large seating area. I guess this lounge used to be plenty large enough, but now it seems to be straining to meet the demand. Later the crowding eased a bit and I was able to find a place in one of the more comfy chairs.
The food and drink were just ok. The left side had more to offer. It was mostly indifferent noodle and rice dishes. I was surprised to find no kim chi in the KE lounge.
I loved the way the toilets are done. Each one is a private room with a sink and the toilets are the high tech versions with all the cool features.
The wifi worked well most of the time, with just one cutoff when the lounge was most crowded.
I hope they have a chance to expand the lounge and enhance the food and drink offerings.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
5 PM is a busy time for ICN. All of the flights from America and Europe have arrived and the flights to SE Asia are about to start. Not to mention, of course, there are always the short hops from China and Japan that add more.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Visited the Prestige Lounge in the main terminal at ICN last week . . . color me very unimpressed.

Lounge overall is dingy and depressing. Carpet and seats are dirty and worn. Food and beverage options really pathetic . . . they don't even have real bottled water, just these little mini containers. Shower room was very small and kind of gross (mold in the grout).

Left and accessed the OZ lounge using Priority Pass. Better in every possible respect.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
The lounge has seen better days. I think the high usage of the lounge has taken its toll on everything inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.