Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HKG - ICN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
HKG - ICN

I have a few questions about my upcoming flight HKG - ICN and return in the first week of May. Both flights are on the 747-400 in Prestige/business class.

HKG-ICN
KE 604
Dep: 1205
Arrival: 1645

ICN-HKG
KE 613
Dep:1005
Arrival: 1245

1) I come off an overnight flight in HKG and connect the KE flight. I have 2 hrs between the flights. Which lounges in HKG would I have access to? Which is the pick of the lot in terms of food/beverage, comfort and shower facilities? This is my first long haul on skyteam in more than 7-8 years and I have no status with them. My understanding is that the KE lounge in HKG is very basic and avoidable.

2) What can I expect in terms of food/beverages and amenities on the flight. I have found information on the seats but am unable to source information on the rest of the flight either on FT or the KE website.

3) Does KE have an arrival lounge in ICN. I have a domestic 2020hrs GMP-KWJ flight the same evening on Asiana in Y. I would like to freshen up before departing ICN.

4) My understanding from reading reports here is that the KE lounge at the main terminal in ICN is very nice. Does anyone recall any special amenities like massages, etc for J passengers? Anything great (or not), I should look out for?

Thanks in advance
vbh
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:37 am

2) Just basic amenities on the flight as it is short. There wont be an amenity bag.

3) No arrival lounge but KE Prestige class pax can utilize the nearby Grand Hyatt for free showers and sauna.
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...al-shower.html

4) There is nice food and free shower in the Prestige class lounge.
No massages though.

Originally Posted by vbh812
I have a few questions about my upcoming flight HKG - ICN and return in the first week of May. Both flights are on the 747-400 in Prestige/business class.

HKG-ICN
KE 604
Dep: 1205
Arrival: 1645

ICN-HKG
KE 613
Dep:1005
Arrival: 1245

1) I come off an overnight flight in HKG and connect the KE flight. I have 2 hrs between the flights. Which lounges in HKG would I have access to? Which is the pick of the lot in terms of food/beverage, comfort and shower facilities? This is my first long haul on skyteam in more than 7-8 years and I have no status with them. My understanding is that the KE lounge in HKG is very basic and avoidable.

2) What can I expect in terms of food/beverages and amenities on the flight. I have found information on the seats but am unable to source information on the rest of the flight either on FT or the KE website.

3) Does KE have an arrival lounge in ICN. I have a domestic 2020hrs GMP-KWJ flight the same evening on Asiana in Y. I would like to freshen up before departing ICN.

4) My understanding from reading reports here is that the KE lounge at the main terminal in ICN is very nice. Does anyone recall any special amenities like massages, etc for J passengers? Anything great (or not), I should look out for?

Thanks in advance
vbh
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by HawaiiO
3) No arrival lounge but KE Prestige class pax can utilize the nearby Grand Hyatt for free showers and sauna.
https://www.koreanair.com/global/en/...al-shower.html
Won't work for the OP:
Service Hours : 5:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR - plat (OWE), AI - Maharajah (* gold), Bonvoy - plat, HH - gold, Shangri La - jade, Sixt - plat
Thanks folks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.