Wiki Posts
Search

Korean Air Skypass Predicament

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Korean Air Skypass Predicament

Good evening, everyone.

First time poster, long time reader of FlyerTalk, and I have a very important question for you. I am currently a SkyPass holder with a permanent residency in the United States, temporarily working in Japan. Last year I mistakenly signed up for SkyPass with my Japanese address instead of my American one. As a result, I have a Japanese SkyPass account. I want to sign up for a SkyPass credit card to take advantage of a promotion they are having (15,000 miles and double miles on Korean Air Flights), as I fly from Japan to Washington, DC., at least once a year with Korean Air.

Has anyone ever successfully changed an address and flyer number with Korean Air? Can you transfer the miles? Should I sign up for a new account with my American account and cut my losses with the Japanese one (over 13,000 miles)?

Thank you so much for your help.

SEoS
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: Skypass, IHG
That is no biggie at all. Just sign up a new US based account. You can merge the accounts later on.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Signed up in the US, moved to Singapore and now Korea.

Call them up and explain the situation. They'll ask for an email of a scan of your ID (e.g. your US drivers license) with your new address, and they'll move everything over within a day or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.