Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Korean Air | SkyPass
Reload this Page >

YYZ Upgraded to Kosmo Suite & Prestige Sleeper

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ Upgraded to Kosmo Suite & Prestige Sleeper

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:03 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thumbs up YYZ Upgraded to Kosmo Suite & Prestige Sleeper

I have an award F booking YYZ-CGK via ICN and back for July and noticed both sectors on KE074 (YYZ-ICN) & KE073 (ICN-YYZ) have switched equipments from the 772 to the 77W, meaning I'll be seated in the Kosmo Suite as oppose to the Kosmo Sleeper.

Looking through the schedules, the switch to the 77W on the YYZ route will be effective Mar 29th. I'm happy for the decision but was quite surprised that they would be deploying a premium aircraft on a market that is heavy in the back, but relatively light in J & F. It's been widely known that very few Canadian companies would be willing to fork out the cost of a F ticket from the corporate account.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:32 am

KE doesn't have a right fleet for such routes. KE needs to increase capacity, but all fleets larger than 772 are premium heavy (or inefficient for long haul, such as 744). Hopefully KE add another version of 77W (less F & J) or have a different strategy for new planned types (748 and 789).
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:23 am

KE seems to be downgrading this route back to an old 772 exactly one year after it was upgraded: Starting at the end of March 2016, the equipment changes back to 772...
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
No surprise. They have a monopoly on the (direct) route (prices are pretty high too!).
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I just booked YYZ-ICN-SGN in Prestige in October, and my e-ticket shows a 77W on YYZ-ICN with Prestige SUITES in both directions.

So it would appear that some 77W's will be getting the latest product (which I love), either as a retrofit (unlikely) or as installed equipment on a new delivery.

Is this right? Anyone know what's going on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.