Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redeeming on Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

Redeeming on Etihad

In theory, we should be able to redeem flights on Etihad using Korean Air Skypass miles. However, when I called to check availability for a couple different routes (AUH-CGK, AUH-PEK), I was told that there was no availability, even looking as far as possible into the next year. I thought that maybe the agent was looking for the wrong fare class - the agent cited "N" class, which is the same as the partner bookings for Emirates. Any idea whether the agent had bad information, or was correct in saying that there was no availability?

Has anyone successfully redeemed on Etihad?

EDIT: I was able to pull "N" class availability from Etihad via American Air (which is also reflected on Etihad via their "GuestSeat" availability). For some reason, Korean Air can't see these in their system.

Last edited by dustbuster; Oct 6, 2013 at 6:39 pm
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

I got the following response from Korean Air:
Korean Air wishes to express its sincere appreciation for your valued patronage.

With regards to your enquiry, we have referred it to the relevant department. We have been informed that our relevant team is still in the midst of setting up the function for Skypass award reservation with ETIHAD in our system. Therefore, award reservation with ETIHAD is not available at the moment.

We are yet to receive an estimation date of completion. However, please be rest assured that our relevant team is doing their best to enable award reservation with ETIHAD from our system as soon as possible. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We appreciate your kind understanding, and we hope for your continuous support to Korean Air and our Skypass frequent flyer program.

Thanks & best regards
In short, no redemptions on Etihad (yet)!
Old Jan 15, 2014, 5:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Any update?

Originally Posted by dustbuster
I got the following response from Korean Air:

In short, no redemptions on Etihad (yet)!
Has anyone tried to redeem KE miles on EY yet? If they have, are there any fuel surcharges?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:26 pm

I tried to book using KE miles on Etihad and was told the same thing. I think it's crazy that it has been almost 4 months and they still cannot use the miels.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat, US Air Silver, JPM Palladium
I tried a month or so ago and they told me that they will be able to book EY "hopefully this summer"....
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:18 pm

I called them today and they said it is still not ready and it may take 2 more months.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
bump

Anyone have luck redeeming KE miles for EY metal?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:07 am

Bump again. Might call and attempt this.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Is it possible these days to book Etihad first class award from AUH to LHR using KE Skypass miles? If so how many miles is needed for one way ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.