Korea government MERS tourism recovery measures

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Korea government MERS tourism recovery measures

Bouncing back from MERS

Free palaces, shrines and royal tomb entry for all of July to foreigners and Koreans alike.

Four major palaces in Seoul - Gyeongbok, Changdeok, Changgyeong and Deoksu palaces - as well as Jongmyo Shrine and the royal tombs of Joseon Dynasty, are allowing free entry for all of July, which is also in an effort to encourage local people come out and leave behind any fears of the disease.
Waived visa fees for tour groups from China and southeast Asian countries.

“We are waiving visa fees for tour groups from China until Sept. 30,” said Vice Justice Minister Kim Ju-hyun on Wednesday, “and the same benefit goes to group tours from four Southeast Asian Countries: Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia and Cambodia.”

Usually, individuals on group tours have to pay $15 for visas.

The ministry is also extending the maximum length of stay for single-entry tourist visas from 90 days to 180 days. The extension applies to individuals who were issued single-entry tourist visas from March 1 to June 30. Those tourists may also enter Korea with an expired visa as long as it is within 180 days of the issue date.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:33 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
They're really dumping out all kinds of visa favors. Kind of crazy. Not like bad crazy, but just goodbye rules! Anything to get them back.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seoul gov’t makes plans to amp up tourism after MERS scare

The city government is currently offering bargain sale seasons until October in an effort to bring back foreign tourists, starting with a summer sale in July and the Korea Grand Sale from August to October in collaboration with the Visit Korea Committee.

A variety of cultural events are planned in the lead-up to October, including city government-sponsored summer festivals, night markets and performances. During the Chinese holiday season, from Oct. 1 to 7, a large-scale K-pop star concert is scheduled alongside the Seoul International Fireworks Festival and the Seoul Bazaar Festival.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:57 pm

I had such a good time in Korea during the MERS event, I'd consider going back in October, particularly since I love a sale! ...but the k-pop boyband promo thing doesn't do anything for me.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jay71
I had such a good time in Korea during the MERS event, I'd consider going back in October, particularly since I love a sale! ...but the k-pop boyband promo thing doesn't do anything for me.
October is a gorgeous time. Korea pretty much sells itself with scenery then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.