Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Korea
Reload this Page >

Rx drugs in South Korea - is there a prohibited/controlled list?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Aventine
all thanks to superguy!
You can email your Rx drug questions to the KFDA directly at [email protected]

If you tell them the drugs your prescribed (brand and generic names, if applicable), they'll tell you if they're controlled or not and give you further instructions.

Response time 12-24 hours and could save you from complications, if any upon arrival at ICN.
Print Wikipost

Rx drugs in South Korea - is there a prohibited/controlled list?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:34 pm

Looking at it from the other way - has anyone known of people having their medications taken off them at the airport? Surely the person at customs will just see its an obvious prescription box with my name on it and carry on... I didn't have any troubles with italy, they didn't even look at the name of the meds...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Frank6002
Looking at it from the other way - has anyone known of people having their medications taken off them at the airport? Surely the person at customs will just see its an obvious prescription box with my name on it and carry on... I didn't have any troubles with italy, they didn't even look at the name of the meds...
Have your papers ready and proper containers and you should be fine. Korean customs are more on the hunt for illegal foodstuffs and expensive luxury goods bought by Koreans at duty free.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:15 am

They haven't replied once yet since the first email :-/
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They haven't replied once yet since the first email :-/
Your fallback can always be walk with documentation and labelled pill containers and should be a-okay.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:56 am

Yeah thats what I'm hoping :-) Its just that their under the banned list! Its the same with Thailand when I checked - you're meant to have a written permission slip, sent by post 2 weeks before you leave and I was fine there. Hopefully just worried over nothing...
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah thats what I'm hoping :-) Its just that their under the banned list! Its the same with Thailand when I checked - you're meant to have a written permission slip, sent by post 2 weeks before you leave and I was fine there. Hopefully just worried over nothing...
Most times they just let people go through. Hope that's for you too!
Old Sep 5, 2020, 12:31 pm

Need info please

Hi I am a seafarer and I am to join a ship in Korea. Now I have a few tablets of tramadol and tapentadol with me plus I also have few pregabalin, modafnil, glimipride and metformin with me...can I go through without any trouble ???
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:12 am

Strong painkillers

I take morphine tablets and liquid, is there any chance I will be able to go to Korea?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.