Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Layover in ICN - shower time?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Layover in ICN - shower time?

I'm looking at some flight options for an upcoming trip. My favorite option (putting us on an A380) would give us a 3 hour layover in ICN (from PEK, to LAX). We would be flying in on Air China which looks like it lands in the other terminal, and have to transfer to the Main Terminal for our Asiana departure. I've read that ICN immigration/security etc is very quick.

But for anyone who's done it - will we have time in a 3 hour layover to transfer, take a shower in the Asiana Main Terminal Business Class Lounge (yes we're flying business class) and then grab some takeout food before boarding our plane? Does that sound like we'd be tight for time or not?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
I did international transfer in ICN last month. The transfer was quick at that time. Took me 2 minutes to pass the security (not passing the immigration). The Asiana Business Class lounge is located upstairs. Make sure that you look for the OZ lounge signs. I think they recently relocated to a new location so not all the maps have been updated. I went to the old location when I was there. The new one is nearby though, so don't worry. The lounge has plenty of shower rooms (6 I think) and plenty of space. The food was just ok. The variety was a bit limited in my opinion.

So, 3 hours, logically should be sufficient. The international transfer is the key. Just go there quickly before the queue builds up.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:05 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Also, if the OZ lounge is full and you really want a shower, don't hesitate to use the ones for the general public in the 4F Rest and Relax area above the shopping. They're clean and just as nice as lounge showers. You get 30 minutes, completely free and they give you toiletries and showers. The lounge might be full as you're coming from America (and so is everyone else at that time).
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies! And for the tip about the free showers - I googled them and you're right, they look just as nice.

We would be arriving at around noon local time and flying out at 3pm.

One other question - it looks like the security process takes us from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor for departing flights. But most of the food options are on the 2nd floor - will we be able to get down there again to get food?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: SQ, GA, QF
Originally Posted by Kayemgee
One other question - it looks like the security process takes us from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor for departing flights. But most of the food options are on the 2nd floor - will we be able to get down there again to get food?
I am trying to recall my own experience. I am not exactly sure, but I think you can't go down to the 2nd floor once you pass the security screening. I can't remember seeing any escalator for that purpose. But the food options on the 3rd floor are not bad in my opinion. I grabbed some food in the lounge when I was there so didn't actually buy any food though.

Btw, you should try the massage chair in the lounge. I think it's quite enjoyable .
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rizayosia
I am trying to recall my own experience. I am not exactly sure, but I think you can't go down to the 2nd floor once you pass the security screening. I can't remember seeing any escalator for that purpose. But the food options on the 3rd floor are not bad in my opinion. I grabbed some food in the lounge when I was there so didn't actually buy any food though.

Btw, you should try the massage chair in the lounge. I think it's quite enjoyable .

Ahhhh so it turns out I'm a dummy and read the airport map wrong. So yah there's lots of food options and exactly what I wanted! Thanks again
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by Kayemgee
The arrival level has no food options. When you arrive, your only choices are Go through Immigration, Transfer, or bathroom. Once through Transfer, then you get to the 3rd floor, which has several food choices.

One more thing, try not to set your expectation too high regarding the food inside Asiana's business lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.