Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About Seoul subway

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

About Seoul subway

I have heard about Seoul subway as the longest in the world so, it really is. There are 9 main lines and the metro system is connected with Incheon, Suwon and suburbs. First time some may face difficult to find a way because of the incredible size of the subway system, but in fact even those who never used subway before can cope with this.
May be the biggest plus for every traveler it is that all destinations and main announcements are not only on Korean but also on English, Chinese and Japanese languages. Each line has its color and all stations are numbered – for some people it is easier to find a way using number of the station.
The thing I personally like about trains is that there are air conditioners in summer and heating seats in winter. Also, cars are bigger, comparing with some European subways.
For using subway you can purchase a single journey ticket. Otherwise, you can buy T-money cards. Cheapest one costs about 3000 won but it rechargeable - once it bought it can be used for a long time and in all kinds of public transport in Korea.
Thanks to cooperation between Korean communication and multimedia companies, Wi-Fi and can be accessed even in a train. Most of people are using smartphones in train, watching TV or playing on-line games.
However there are some differences from line to line. It is because of the subway is managed by several corporations. Line 1-4 are managed by Seoul Metro and Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation manages lines 5-8
http://www.smrt.co.kr/main/index/index002.jsp - it is the official site of Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation - there is some instructions about how to use subway and purchase tickets.
Also, in "Culture and tourism" you can find information and way to all sightseeing located on lines from 5-8.
It even has it's Facebook page where they publish news about subway, but the most of content is on Korean https://www.facebook.com/5678smrt

Last edited by Travellerz; Jan 28, 2015 at 9:26 pm
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:04 am

You should search here for your route - http://www.smrt.co.kr/program/cyberS...in2.jsp?lang=e

Or download one of the many smartphone apps which do the same.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: Garuda, SQ KF, Le Club, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors
What time did the subway service ended? Is it possible to go to city center after a 10:30pm flight?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The last all-stop train from Incheon Airport is 11:42 every day of the week (weekday, weekend and holiday). From Gimpo Airport, it's 12:18. Just pulled this from my subway app today. This train goes all the way to Seoul Station.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.