Wiki Posts
Search

Transit in ICN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA PP, AA, DL, WN
Transit in ICN

I'm flying UA into ICN, then after a 3 1/2 hour layover, continuing on to TAE on KE.

Any suggestions as to how to spend the time?

I know I need to pick up the domestic boarding pass in ICN since UA can't issue it. My bag is tagged to TAE, but I assume I'll need to pick it up and drag it through customs?

I won't have access to any lounges, will I? I'm *A Gold.

I do need to stop by KBooks to pick up an EG Sim Card I ordered online. What else? The restaurants landslide sound okay. Airside, not so much?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by sidne
I'm flying UA into ICN, then after a 3 1/2 hour layover, continuing on to TAE on KE.

Any suggestions as to how to spend the time?

I know I need to pick up the domestic boarding pass in ICN since UA can't issue it. My bag is tagged to TAE, but I assume I'll need to pick it up and drag it through customs?

I won't have access to any lounges, will I? I'm *A Gold.

I do need to stop by KBooks to pick up an EG Sim Card I ordered online. What else? The restaurants landslide sound okay. Airside, not so much?
The domestic portion of ICN is not nearly as nice as the rest, and services are pretty limited. Since there are only a handful of connecting flights here, as most domestic flights leave GMP. You should triple check that your flight isn't actually leaving from GMP. Your best bet will be to stay out in the landside area to eat and shop before heading into domestic departures area.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SirJman
The domestic portion of ICN is not nearly as nice as the rest, and services are pretty limited. Since there are only a handful of connecting flights here, as most domestic flights leave GMP. You should triple check that your flight isn't actually leaving from GMP. Your best bet will be to stay out in the landside area to eat and shop before heading into domestic departures area.
Thanks. The flight really was from ICN, but after flying out of the domestic terminal, I can see why someone would be skeptical.

I ended up spending most of the time in one of the restaurants landside on the 4th floor. I didn't head into the domestic area until about 40 minutes before my flight departure. According to the signs, passengers aren't even allowed in until 1 hour before flight time.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Good thing you didn't go early to the domestic side. There is nothing there to do!
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nme7
Good thing you didn't go early to the domestic side. There is nothing there to do!
This point cannot be emphasized enough!

I'd read a couple of threads that suggested the services were a little sparse in the domestic concourse at ICN. There is (almost) nothing there!

Seriously, there is one very small convenience store. VERY small. With extremely limited selection/stock. I bought a bottle of water. That was probably 10% of the selection in the place!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:44 pm

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
Unless there was a major fare difference which made TAE cheaper than ICN, check for the KTX Bullet Trains down to TAE from ICN. Given the transfer/ waiting/boarding/flying/deplaning time to change to the domestic flight, you probably could have been in Daegu already and the train is really not very expensive. You could even ride it down in F!

Originally Posted by sidne
This point cannot be emphasized enough!

I'd read a couple of threads that suggested the services were a little sparse in the domestic concourse at ICN. There is (almost) nothing there!

Seriously, there is one very small convenience store. VERY small. With extremely limited selection/stock. I bought a bottle of water. That was probably 10% of the selection in the place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.