Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage delivery service?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, NW
Luggage delivery service?

When traveling in Japan, I have often taken advantage of that country's luggage delivery services, which will transport heavy suitcases from one hotel to another, even with a gap of several days, so that the traveler can enjoy a couple of days traveling with just a day pack in areas that would be difficult with a large suitcase.

Does Korea have any services like Takkyuubin? If so, how reliable and/or expensive are they? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
Ask your hotel about 택배 taek bae or 해주세요 hae joo say yo.

Taekbae is your standard courier. Hanjin or the post office are the main two. There are many others of course. They should be able to schedule a pickup for you and you can prepay.

I used Hanjin to send two big 25 lb bags from ICN airport to my boyfriend's house in Gangnam. Each bag was 10,000₩ and they arrived in two days. Faster options are available, I'm sure.

A hae joo say yo is more like an on demand delivery person. They'll do everything, like go pick up food at restaurants that don't deliver or get your phone from a bar in west Seoul (and you live in east Seoul). Bags might be too big for them as they generally use scooters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.