Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM helps Tsunami victims

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2005, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM-FB Gold, PriorityClub Platinum Amb.
Thumbs up KLM helps Tsunami victims

KLM will donate EUR 5 per ticket sold from 6-9 january.

And no... it is not an extra surcharge

In Sweden, KLM provides similar support (for a longer period). KLM also provides cargo capacity, as well as free overweight luggage for official helpers. AirCares will also donate.

Nieuwsbrief voor reisagenten
5 januari 2005
Nummer 1

KLM Nederland helpt slachtoffers van de ramp in Zuidoost-Azië

KLM Nederland doneert van 6 t/m 9 januari a.s. voor ieder verkocht
ticket 5 euro
aan Giro 555 van de Samenwerkende Hulporganisaties t.b.v. de hulp aan
de
slachtoffers van de tsunami-ramp in Zuidoost-Azië.

Morgen, donderdag 6 januari communiceert KLM deze actie zowel via de
huidige
landelijke advertentiecampagne ter introductie van de Take Off Fares
als via
Radio 555.

In Zweden, dat in Europa relatief de meeste slachtoffers telt, voert
KLM een
soortgelijke actie over een langere periode.

Andere activiteiten ter ondersteuning:

Op verschillende vrachtvluchten naar het Verre Oosten van KLM Cargo
wordt
vrachtruimte beschikbaar gesteld voor het vervoer van hulpgoederen. Op
deze
vluchten worden speciale tussenlandingen gemaakt in het getroffen
gebied, om
de zendingen over te dragen aan de officiële hulporganisaties.

De KLM faciliteert gratis overbagage aan medewerkers van de officiële
hulpverlenende instanties, die per KLM-vlucht naar het getroffen gebied
afreizen.

De KLM zal, via haar charitatieve programma KLM AirCares, in 2005 ook
gedurende
langere tijd de structurele hulpverlening aan de slachtoffers in het
zeebevingsgebied ondersteunen. De exacte invulling daarvan wordt
onderzocht.
Zoals altijd bij AirCares, zal de aandacht zich concentreren op
structurele
hulp aan kinderen.

Met vriendelijke groet,

PASSENGER BUSINESS
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
Thumbs up

Finally a positive point ! ^
well done.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Better than the robbing british banks who are raking it in on all the debit and credit card donations.

I really liked the way all the super powers waited a week to see who would move first and now they are really playing the publicity angle.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Steve Fenton

I really liked the way all the super powers waited a week to see who would move first and now they are really playing the publicity angle.
Ohhh, I could not agree more !!

Especially George W. recruiting his dad and "I have nothing else to do after my library is open and book is selling good" Bill Clinton to join good old Colin " WOMD" Powell on his farewell tour ....
That after W. smiled at me on the cover of the Time magazin as man of the year was really too much early this year

However great to see dozens of Red Cross and THW workers on their way to the region on New Year`s eve on a chartered LTU A 330 ex DUS, guys who work their butt off to help and not to shine in the media spotlight !! ^
Old Jan 6, 2005, 8:17 am

Programs: FB Plat Lifetime - BA GGL - VS Gold - EK Gold - HH Diamond - SPG Gold - Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Steve Fenton
Better than the robbing british banks who are raking it in on all the debit and credit card donations.

The credit card fees have been waived.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../05/waid05.xml

I guess Jeb Bush is going to be the Republican presidential candidate in 2008.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 9:43 am

Programs: FB SE,*A gold, Air China companion
Originally Posted by Moriarty

I guess Jeb Bush is going to be the Republican presidential candidate in 2008.
Arrgh
Old Jan 6, 2005, 3:32 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Blue Platinum for Life.. BA Gold , oh and some other shiny bits of plastic ...
Ok now come on all now , this is one thing for which we all should donate ! find the link and donate !!
Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"SA Tourism should "wake up and seize the opportunities presented by the tsunami disaster in Asia" Frank van der Laan, the general manager of KLM in southern Africa, said yesterday."

Yes, let's make sure we give generously to the victims, and then do our utmost to deprive them of their livelihoods by ensuring tourist go elsewhere in the future.

johan
Old Jan 7, 2005, 1:06 am
Suspended

George W, George Bush (the father) and Clinton paid a visit to embassies of the countries most affected by the disaster. A very nice gesture. The Indain Ambassador showed the presidents reports and plans of the relief effort launched by India. They were suprised that India had quite a bit of the relief machinery in place, esepcially with the National Institue of Disaster Management. All three of the, including Georgraphically well informed President Clinton, were suprised to see how close some of the Andaman and Nicobar islands were to Indonesia, closer than hey were to India. It's scary. Once can not expect President of the US to know about all the little islands but I would think some one would have briefed them about geogrpahy of the places that were devastated.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:58 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
"SA Tourism should "wake up and seize the opportunities presented by the tsunami disaster in Asia" Frank van der Laan, the general manager of KLM in southern Africa, said yesterday."

Yes, let's make sure we give generously to the victims, and then do our utmost to deprive them of their livelihoods by ensuring tourist go elsewhere in the future.

He went on to spell out exactly what the "opportunity" is as follows:

"Europeans will still want to go on holiday," he said. "But even though some parts of Thailand were unaffected by the disaster, the reports of death and destruction have affected perceptions and many people will not want to go to that part of the world this year."

Nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.