Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Osaka (KIX) Connections and Timings

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Osaka (KIX) Connections and Timings

I have the following flights booked for an edinburgh to sapporo flight. This was all booked on the KLM website with 1 booking. My concern is the last flight from Kansai (KIX) to Sapporo (CTS) only has a short connection time of 1hr 25 minutes.

My questions are:

1. Is this sufficient time?
2. Will i need to clear immigration at osaka or sapporo?
3. Will my bags go all the way to sapporo or do i need to collect at osaka?
4. If i get delayed will it be up to KLM to get me to sapporo?

Thanks
Gary

Departure Thu 1 Feb 2018, 09:10
Edinburgh - Edinburgh (EDI), United Kingdom
Arrival Thu 1 Feb 2018 11:40
Amsterdam - Schiphol (AMS), Netherlands
Total travel time1h30m

Departure Thu 1 Feb 2018, 14:25
Amsterdam - Schiphol (AMS), Netherlands
Arrival Fri 2 Feb 2018 09:15 Terminal 1
Osaka - Kansai International Airport (KIX), Japan
Total travel time10h50m

Departure Fri 2 Feb 2018, 10:40 Terminal 1
Osaka - Kansai International Airport (KIX), Japan
Arrival Fri 2 Feb 2018 12:30 Terminal D
Sapporo - Chitose (CTS), Japan
Total travel time1h50m
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
As you are on 1 booking, you'll be rebooked onto the next flight if you miss it. Usually 1h50 should be enough.

ANA (which operates your domestic flight in Japan) usually has at least two flights later that day (one in the afternoon and one in the evening).
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:37 am

The minimum connection time is 1h15, so you should be fine in that aspect hopefully.
If your AMS-KIX flight is delayed in such that you are below the MCT then you will get rebooked on another flight.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:04 am

Might be a tight connection but i think you can make it.
If you have to go through immigration at KIX, it can be busy there(been there twice and had at least 45 min. wait). Just make sure you have the forms ready.
Could be around 10min. to immigration from the assumed arrival gate. It's a lóng airport eventhough you're departing from the same terminal(1).
*Tip: Ramen Alley
Enjoy!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I thought it might just be doable if im just going to transfer straight through, but seems i need to go through immigration then go out and pickup bags, then bag drop them, then go through security... KLM said:

we have checked your reservation and can inform you that the minimum connecting time at Osaka between your flights is 1 hour and 15 minutes. Since you have 1 hour and 25 minutes, this is sufficient time to make the connection. Since you are transferring onto a domestic flight, you will need to collect your baggage and check this in again. You can also check this information via 'Baggage and transferring' via our website> http://klmf.ly/28TiiOs Do not hesitate to let us know if you have more questions.

Im thinking thats almost impossible but maybe im being over cautious.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:00 pm

The past 7 days the flight has accumulated a delay of 27 minutes and today's flight 43 minutes (and counting), landing time But you apparently have an abundance of time
Happy travels!
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
The past 7 days the flight has accumulated a delay of 27 minutes and today's flight 43 minutes (and counting), landing time But you apparently have an abundance of time
Happy travels!
Jeez, oh well. Ill be on a later flight to sapporo then, as long as someone else is paying.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Ditto
The minimum connection time is 1h15, so you should be fine in that aspect hopefully.
If your AMS-KIX flight is delayed in such that you are below the MCT then you will get rebooked on another flight.
Is the MCT really 75 min? Have a friend booked on 65 min to TPE, last flight of the night..
Old Jan 3, 2020, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Is the MCT really 75 min? Have a friend booked on 65 min to TPE, last flight of the night..
Different airlines/flights might have different MCTs at the same airport due to different requirements like changing terminals, passing through security/immigration etc.

The default MCT in KIX is:
STANDARD. D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .30 1.20 1.15 1.30
OFFLINE .30 1.20 1.15 1.30
But there are exceptions with shorter MCTs. so without knowing the exact flights he is taking it's impossible to say.
It's very unlikely an airline will allow you to book anything that falls short of the MCT, unless he have booked those flights separately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.