Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Priority Security check at Schiphol

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
That sounds like a change: KLM always advised me it's fine for me to take my wife along when we fly economy. She's Ivory, I'm Platinum. Scanners never said no.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just used CPH Express, took a whole minute. No secondary, no patdown, only removed liquids and a tablet from my bag.

They have even improved the process by moving the entry point to the top of the stairs and physically separating the access lanes, so you no longer have to fight the crowds.

Schiphol? Hello? Are you listening? It really isn't that difficult!
Old Apr 10, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Dominikkk
Not really. The gate showed refusal after scanning my bf's BP.
I managed to get through the SP security check Schengen, and i was flying HV. The machine didn't refuse me, which tells me the machine isn't limited to SP.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by Mcflyneo
I managed to get through the SP security check Schengen, and i was flying HV. The machine didn't refuse me, which tells me the machine isn't limited to SP.
You can now add your FB number to HV bookings. Last time I flew them and added my number, it will also show your FB status so could be that it is also coded into barcode?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:13 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by caliform
That sounds like a change: KLM always advised me it's fine for me to take my wife along when we fly economy. She's Ivory, I'm Platinum. Scanners never said no.
When flying non-shengen I always use the Skypriority check in with (Ivory) colleages, then up the stairs. Never have they had any issues going through the BP scanning gates there.

For Shengen destinations it is generally the person checking the BP who sends back my colleague. As far as I know this has always been the case, and going through Priority security with additional pax was never allowed. However when they *do* make an exception the gates seem to let everyone through.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I'm not sure what the machine scans. Whether or not you're at the right gate? If you're supposed to be on a flight that day? Certainly not SkyPriority.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan
You can now add your FB number to HV bookings. Last time I flew them and added my number, it will also show your FB status so could be that it is also coded into barcode?
Correct, but HV only allows you to buy award miles and they take 4-8 weeks to be added to your account. My BP did not show neither status nor FB nr as far as i can remember.
HV tickets do not allow you to enter the lounge either, only buy miles (5 euro = 250 award miles) and HV translates the purchase for miles into c/i baggage, if you bring it or not.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:27 pm

I'm not sure what the machine scans. Whether or not you're at the right gate? If you're supposed to be on a flight that day? Certainly not SkyPriority.
I think the machine is like all others i.e. scans any valid ticket. As mentioned before by some else, the agent at the SP check, is there to filter out the non-SP travelers thus making it accessable for SP only(correct me if i'm wrong). But some coding by IT could possibly change it into SP BP only, of course. 98% of my travels are Europe, so do not have relevant experience with the non-schengen machines.
Happy travels
Old Apr 20, 2017, 7:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Out on the PR wire today: KLM now advising passengers to arrive at Schiphol airport 3 hours ahead of departure. http://klmf.ly/2oTpIs3
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
There's also a red banner at the top of klm.com stating the same.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Checked in this morning to find priority's security line snaking past the stairs, past another hallway, into another area and around a bend - hundreds and hundreds in line. At least an hour, perhaps 90 minutes to get through.

I've never seen it this bad. What a mismanaged disaster of an airport.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Checked in this morning to find priority's security line snaking past the stairs, past another hallway, into another area and around a bend - hundreds and hundreds in line. At least an hour, perhaps 90 minutes to get through.

I've never seen it this bad. What a mismanaged disaster of an airport.
Kind of curious to know what the regular line looked like?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zembla
Kind of curious to know what the regular line looked like?
I didn't risk checking it out but it must've been on par.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Departures 3 was insanely busy as well this morning.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
It's absolute mayhem at the moment. Lines from Departures 3 snaking to the checkpoint in 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.