Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU Regulation 261/2004 refusal

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2014, 10:04 am

And now contact KLM again to get the euclaim costs reimbursed, assuming you first claimed at KLM directly and only after denial, you went to euclaim.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Done, thanks for the advice, I've sent them a bill for 98.5 Euros, EUClaims cut of the 250 Euros.

They can only refuse.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:17 am

KLM denied my claim above (as stated before) and let me file a complaint at the IL&T. As the Dutch IL&T has no power to investigate my case (delay at Arlanda), they forwarded the case to Swedish caretaker (ARN - Allmänna reklamationsnämnden). ARN contacted me if I was ok with the translations of the documents they requested and received from KLM (tip: ALWAYS communicate in English) and if I had anything to add. Now I just need to sit back and wait what the judgement of ARN is.

Very interested in seeing how this develops. Bear in mind appealing to the judgement of ARN is not possible, so it is a one shot only.

Side note: KLM replied to ARN with direct phone numbers, e-mail addresses and mobile numbers of involved Customer Care reps. Not very smart, for it was clearly stated the documents will be published publicly. No intention to misuse the information, but I can image somebody else would...be careful with your own information when complaining at any governmental institute...

Last edited by Another user name to remember; May 19, 2014 at 2:47 pm Reason: typo...
Old May 19, 2014, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Another user name to remember
Bare in mind appealing to the judgement of ARN is not possible, so it is a one shot only....
Also bear in mind that ARN judgments are not binding. KL is free to ignore their ruling, should they wish to do so.

Johan
Old May 20, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: KL FlyingBlue Gold, AY+, MM FTL, TK*G
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Also bear in mind that ARN judgments are not binding. KL is free to ignore their ruling, should they wish to do so.

Johan
But you could from there take them to civil court in Sweden, if you have a ruling in your favour from ARN the court is not very likely to rule in favour of the airline.
Old May 20, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by marbe166
But you could from there take them to civil court in Sweden, if you have a ruling in your favour from ARN the court is not very likely to rule in favour of the airline.
Indeed you can, but that's a lot of extra work and trouble, especially if you are not resident in Sweden.

Johan
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:06 am

Sorry to bump this discussion, but the ARN ruled in my favor yesterday (^): Snow in March in Stockholm is not a valid reason to claim extraordinary circumstances. The ARN also stated that the KLM failed to explain why only their plane diverted, why all others waited in the hold during the snow removal and arrived with minimal delay. My argument of limited fuel on board was deemed plausible.

ARN recommends KLM to pay the compensation to me, as this was a normal operational situation over which KLM had full control.

Obviously, I've contacted KLM and are now awaiting their response. My bet: they will question the authority of the ARN (which they themselfs suggested to contact in the first place).

Last edited by Another user name to remember; Oct 23, 2014 at 1:17 am Reason: Typo...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Well, as you say they are recommending KLM pay you. If you want the money you depend on KLM's goodwill or a lawyer.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
My guess: KLM is not going to respond at all.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: FB
Originally Posted by tezzer
Done, thanks for the advice, I've sent them a bill for 98.5 Euros, EUClaims cut of the 250 Euros.

They can only refuse.
Did you get your money?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:17 am

Against all odds...

Originally Posted by warakorn
My guess: KLM is not going to respond at all.
Seems you are right. No communication from Customer Services...but did receive 250 EURO from the KLM in my bank account today! Yes, I won!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by johan rebel
KL (and most other airlines, I suspect), willfully denies pax the compensation they are due, in breach of EC261. This tactic works because there are always claimants who actually will take no for an answer, but that does not make it any less shameful.

Johan
So true.
Many businesses seem to work along these lines. I know a few people who just don't write, some who give up after the first refusal.
Perhaps that leaves more liberal policy for those of us who persevere
Old Oct 30, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Yes, I won!
Congratulations! ^
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Seems you are right. No communication from Customer Services...but did receive 250 EURO from the KLM in my bank account today! Yes, I won!

Congrats! I'm still awaiting outcome of a case from July 2013...
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:46 pm

EU Regulation 261/2004 refusal

Thank you for your kind replies. Took the €250 back to the KLM by booking the error fare from Vienna to Osaka in May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.