Wiki Posts
Search

New KLM route to Fukuoka - Japan

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
From Business Traveller:

It blamed "deteriorated performance of the route and the negative influence of the current exchange rate of the Japanese Yen" for its decision.

Passengers booked to fly on the route after January 4 will be rebooked on "the best available alternative" with a partner airline, KLM said.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by irishguy28
From Business Traveller:

It blamed "deteriorated performance of the route and the negative influence of the current exchange rate of the Japanese Yen" for its decision.
Not surprising I guess given most pax were FUK originating and the value of the yen. Shame to see a route go though.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by ANstar
Not surprising I guess given most pax were FUK originating and the value of the yen. Shame to see a route go though.
A real shame. Last year we took advantage of a Flying Blue promotion to FUK and toured Kyushu for two weeks, which was fantastic.
On the return flight from FUK to AMS we were literally the only two non-Japanese passengers!
Old Oct 6, 2015, 3:02 pm

This is a shame. It all seemed so optimistic when the first flight was met by a water salute and a throng of dignitaries on the apron including a giant Miffy the rabbit and friend.
As well as that inaugural flight, I also flew there in April this year on a leg of an open-jaw trip. As well as having 3 seats to myself it looked like virtually everyone else did too...
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:59 am

OT: Finnair starts a route to Fukuoka

Finnair starts a new route from Helsinki to Fukuoka next summer
Old Oct 14, 2015, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It will be interesting to see how long they can sustain the route...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.