Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM pdf timetable..gone?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

KLM pdf timetable..gone?

I just noticed the KLM pdf timetable isn't on the website anymore. Does anyone know if this is temporary or a permanent deletion. It was a handy tool.
Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
There hasn't been a .pdf timetable for a while now. (Not many airlines seem to do this any more).

KLM used to have an app/executable but that was also discontinued. You now have to check online on the KLM website.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-f...timetable.html
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by irishguy28
KLM used to have an app/executable but that was also discontinued. You now have to check online on the KLM website.
I don't want to bump the old thread that KLFlyerRalph mentioned, but I agree it was very unfortunate that the KLM downloadable timetable was discontinued (I always used that, rather than the PDF).

I now rely on the SkyTeam downloadable timetable - I don't think the software is as good as the old KLM application, but of course it includes all ST flights (now including, for example, KL coded flights operated by non-ST airlines). IMHO, it's a much better tool than either the KLM or SkyTeam online timetables...

Unfortunately, I am not sure how long even this application will be around for. As mentioned, KLM have discontinued theirs, and *A recently discontinued their equivalent of the SkyTeam downloadable timetable. However, if lots of people download the SkyTeam one, hopefully it will indicate that there's sufficient interest for them to maintain it...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by KQ321
Unfortunately, I am not sure how long even this application will be around for. As mentioned, KLM have discontinued theirs, and *A recently discontinued their equivalent of the SkyTeam downloadable timetable. However, if lots of people download the SkyTeam one, hopefully it will indicate that there's sufficient interest for them to maintain it...
Star still has downloadable timetable in PDF and software application
Old Aug 10, 2012, 4:32 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The Skyteam downloadable timetable is not always usable as it is an .exe Windows application. Thus, not usable on any other platform...and even worse: Not parsable. Preferably the timetable should be parsable to be used in ones own applications.

Not that the PDF was that great for parsing, but it sort of worked / was possible. A closed .exe file however is worthless for this purpose. Perhaps they prefer us to query their online timetable for all possible flights / days instead?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:27 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by jimyvr
Star still has downloadable timetable in PDF and software application
My mistake. The version of the *A application I downloaded last month said "Please be aware that this application will be discontinued as of 31 July, 2012" which I assumed meant that, like KLM, they were discontinuing the concept of a downloadable timetable application.

However, I just checked the Star website and it seems that, as you say, there is still a downloadable application there. I haven't installed it yet, but it seems they have changed the software that powers the timetable application (and so the above message just refers to the old software being discontinued).

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Not that the PDF was that great for parsing, but it sort of worked / was possible. A closed .exe file however is worthless for this purpose. Perhaps they prefer us to query their online timetable for all possible flights / days instead?
I've never tried to use a timetable in this way... I can certainly see the benefits of providing an open-access database for users who want it. However, leaving that aside, I still prefer using the SkyTeam downloadable timetable (or failing that, the Amadeus timetable in the KVS Tool) rather than the online SkyTeam (or KLM) timetable...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.