Wiki Posts
Search

Changing FF number to partner (Delta)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Changing FF number to partner (Delta)?

I booked a flight today on KLM.com (relatively good price of ~$450usd for YYZ-IST). I did this because I can't find the fare/price on Delta.com

To be better able to see/modify my flight, I signed up for a Flying Blue account, which KLM automatically assigned my FB number to the ticket.

I collect Delta miles (PLAT status), so naturally, I want the miles to go there. However, on the klm.com website, I can't find a way to change my FF number. Can I do this online? or do I have to call?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Tweet or Facebook them.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Tweet or Facebook them.
Unfortunately, I am without either technologies... Perhaps I need to get out of the stone age... :-)

I'll call them.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:57 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

In the first place, no idea why would you think signing up for a Flying Blue account will make things easier for you to manage your booking?
What do you think the Record Locater provided is for?

Now that it's in there, the only way is to call KLM reservation and ask them to manually remove it and insert your Skymiles number into the system before your first flight.

Surprised that for someone with Platinum status (= flies frequently) can be in such a situation.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nldogbert
In the first place, no idea why would you think signing up for a Flying Blue account will make things easier for you to manage your booking?
What do you think the Record Locater provided is for?

Now that it's in there, the only way is to call KLM reservation and ask them to manually remove it and insert your Skymiles number into the system before your first flight.

Surprised that for someone with Platinum status (= flies frequently) can be in such a situation.
In the first place, no idea why would you think just because I have status with DL ( = flies DL frequently) would be familiar with KLM/AF website. :-)

Anyway, I'll explain my reasoning - I've never booked a flight on KLM.com before. In recent past, on a somewhat complex flight (KL/AF metal booked on priceline), my record locator was not able to pull up on one of either AF/KLM website, and I had to enter my full name and ticket number each time. I also had to remember/guess how the website remembered my firstmiddlelast name. However, I did remember I was able to enter my DL number into the reservation once I got in the KLM.com website. When I booked my ticket yesterday, I was almost to the payment page without KLM.com asking me for my frequent flyer number, but did offer to quickly sign me up for FB account. So I did so, believing there was a place on the website to change my FF number later.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It sounds like your earlier problems were due to Priceline not using the same GDS that KLM uses, and therefore only sharing their own proprietary reference locator with you, rather than also sharing the Amadeus PNR that KLM would require (though it was probably hidden somewhere in the confirmation or retrievable from the website).

As for making it easier to add a frequent flyer number to the booking, signing up with a new frequent flyer programme - which would then (obviously!) cause that number to be associated with the booking - was not the way to do it. Given that you had it in mind to add your Skymiles number, then you should have just soldiered on, declining to join Flying Blue, and instead add your Skymiles number later in the booking flow. [Once a website "gets" your frequent flyer number - which, in this case, it did when you consented to them generating a brand new Flying Blue number for you - then, they won't ask again if you have changed your mind].

You can change the number at check-in. There is no need to ring.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You can change the number at check-in. There is no need to ring.
The objective to entering my DL number is to get preferred seats... It appears for a general FB member, selecting ANY seats in advance cost money...

Anyway, I am having second thoughts about the flight. While it was a good price (YYZ-IST with desirable connection in CDG for $561cad), I am already doing another trans-ocean trip 2 weeks prior...

Quick question - I am within my 24hr window. However, the "Request for refund" seems to be a "form submission" and not automated. To make it even less friendly, it required my record locator and ticket number and did not allow pasting. I had to type it in 1 digit at a time. I worry that this will somehow get lost and the 24hr window expires... Any experience here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.