Search

award availability on TLV-AMS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
award availability on TLV-AMS

Hello!

i have 2 business class award tickets on the beginning of may.

TLV-PRG-AMS on OK 4 of may
and AMS-TLV on KLM 6 of may

i want to change my booking on the TLV-PRG-AMS segment to the direct morning flight with KLM

when i look up availability on ExpertFlyer.com for the 4 of may +- 3 days there is 0 award seats on o (classic business class award)

when i looked up dates from tommarow until the 27/4 there are alot of open spaces. (most of dayes were 7-9 seats open)

does anyone know KLM policy about opening award seats availability as you get closer to the date itself?

thanks
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:30 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by photographer2012
Hello!

i have 2 business class award tickets on the beginning of may.

TLV-PRG-AMS on OK 4 of may
and AMS-TLV on KLM 6 of may

i want to change my booking on the TLV-PRG-AMS segment to the direct morning flight with KLM

when i look up availability on ExpertFlyer.com for the 4 of may +- 3 days there is 0 award seats on o (classic business class award)

when i looked up dates from tommarow until the 27/4 there are alot of open spaces. (most of dayes were 7-9 seats open)

does anyone know KLM policy about opening award seats availability as you get closer to the date itself?

thanks
Award availability changes from day to day and yes days before departure it's possible to get extra seats in "O" if they didn't sell.

I have to say that Expertflyer.com isn't as correct as it used to be. I booked 2 flights, where Expertflyer said there was zero in "O", when in fact there were multiple seats via the award booking engine.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:39 am
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
I have to say that Expertflyer.com isn't as correct as it used to be. I booked 2 flights, where Expertflyer said there was zero in "O", when in fact there were multiple seats via the award booking engine.
We haven't seen any discrepancies between what we show on ExpertFlyer and the Air France award search for AF/KL. If you have a specific example, please email us so we can look into it.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ExpertFlyer Voice
We haven't seen any discrepancies between what we show on ExpertFlyer and the Air France award search for AF/KL. If you have a specific example, please email us so we can look into it.
O I'm sorry....I'm mistaken for flightstats.com

They used to have accurate info, but a few weeks ago "O" bucket disappeared for some flights. Now it's back, but they show zero although KL/AF booking engine has multiple seats available.

Somebody suggested that flightstats get there info from expertflyer, but maybe there cut off
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:03 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
O I'm sorry....I'm mistaken for flightstats.com

They used to have accurate info, but a few weeks ago "O" bucket disappeared for some flights. Now it's back, but they show zero although KL/AF booking engine has multiple seats available.

Somebody suggested that flightstats get there info from expertflyer, but maybe there cut off
No FlightStats does not get its Flight Availability information from EF, nor the other way around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.