Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K Miles from Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
100K Miles from Bangkok

Hi All, I am looking for suggestions to use 100K miles out of Bangkok. We are a family of 4 and have lived in Asia for 5 years in the past. We have been to HKG,KL,SIN and have considered either China or Vietnam as a possibility. Other suggestions welcome.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
100K FB miles isn't really that much - especially if you're looking for tickets for all four of your family.

For inetresting (and reasonably priced) award ticket ideas, you need to consider which SkyTeam airlines operate direct flights between BKK and their hubs. With VN and now several Chineses carriers in ST, your options to Vietnam and China may be good. Another 'interesting' ST route is KQ to NBO (Kenya), but awards come out at 70,000 miles (+ 265 Euros) for an economy return.

Also, I'm not sure if you can get award flights on Bangkok Airways (not ST but FB 'partner') - they may have some interesting destinations.

Good luck.

-- Henry
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Henry III
Also, I'm not sure if you can get award flights on Bangkok Airways (not ST but FB 'partner') - they may have some interesting destinations.
Yes you can redeem FB miles on PG but at a price that will let you run away immediately . Example : 50K for BKK-REP, a 45 min flight
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:21 am

I'd keep your miles for another day - there are not many good options intra Asia and you are much better off paying for flights in Y which are often very cheap from BKK. The exception are china airlines from TPE but that's not much help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.