Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Job Interview Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Airline Job Interview Tomorrow

Hello Everyone

I have been offered a job interview for an Airport Customer Service/ Operations position with Jetblue airways for their new operations at LAX.

If I am offered for the job, would my training be in the LA area or would I be going outside of California? If so, how long would it be? I am not taking any summer classes for the next two months so traveling somewhere around the country wouldnt be a problem.

Just wondering if anyone here might have some insight on this.

Last edited by nsx; Jun 12, 2009 at 9:06 am Reason: removed identifying information for privacy
Old Jun 11, 2009, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Can't answer your question, but want to offer some good luck!
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:51 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Welcome to Flyertalk:
I'm not a Jetblue employee, but it's my understanding that your training would be in Newyork(JFK). I do not know for sure how long. Please be sure to ask all of these questions at your interview. I also wish you the best of luck & please let us know how it goes.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:06 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Definitely something to ask at the interview, but when you do make clear that isn't a problem just that you would need to be ready for that eventuality. Good luck!
Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Sorry, I can't have any answer the questions for you. It should helpful by B6 Forums. This is not specific time on Communitybuzz.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 1:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I'm going to move this over into the Jetblue forum, where they might be able to answer your questions.

Good luck with the interview!

Jenbel
Co-moderator, CommunityBuzz!
Old Jun 12, 2009, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by AirportMgr
Hello Everyone

I have been offered a job interview for an Airport Customer Service/ Operations position with Jetblue airways for their new operations at LAX.

If I am offered for the job, would my training be in the LA area or would I be going outside of California? If so, how long would it be? I am not taking any summer classes for the next two months so traveling somewhere around the country wouldnt be a problem.

Just wondering if anyone here might have some insight on this.
Congratulations on the interview, and best of luck to you! Initial Airport Operations training is conducted at the JetBlue University campus in Orlando. I believe it typically begins on a Wednesday and runs through the following Friday, though I'm not 100% certain on the length.

Good luck!

Last edited by nsx; Jun 12, 2009 at 9:07 am Reason: removed identifying information for privacy
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:37 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
training is usually in orlando, but seeing how LAX is a new operation i wouldn't be surprised if they trained you over at LGB or something. If it's out in orlando they'll pay for obviously your flight there and back, hotel expenses and your per diem is 40 bucks a day for food. You should be in Orlando about 2.5 weeks. First 2 days is orientation which is really boring but you still get paid. Then it's training for about 9-10 business days. Weekends are free to enjoy Orlando, or take a trip somewhere. They'll stick you at an airport hotel so not much to do around

if you have any questions please ask!
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone for your insights! Thankfully my summer is pretty empty except for work so if I am offered the job it shouldnt be a problem.

One other thing, about a month ago, I recieved a speeding ticket. Wil this automatically mean that I will not be able to get the job?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you to everyone for your insights! Thankfully my summer is pretty empty except for work so if I am offered the job it shouldnt be a problem.

One other thing, about a month ago, I recieved a speeding ticket. Wil this automatically mean that I will not be able to get the job?
No, You will have to payable the speeding ticket at the court. You will not too worried about your job. You will have more investigations from the judge will says something for you. This is regards that you will have to paid the citation.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:27 pm

The speeding ticket will not be a problem, just make sure you disclose it.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
The speeding ticket will not be a problem, just make sure you disclose it.
Speeding tickets should never be disclosed. Most job applications specifically say not to include traffic tickets. Every one I have ever seen has said not to include traffic citations.

Stating a traffic citation will either make you look nervous or reckless. I've never seen that question on applications, so leave out giving that information.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 8:53 pm

That may be true. I just finished the Customs background investigation.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
That may be true. I just finished the Customs background investigation.
You did? You have all done the customs background investigation?
Old Jun 13, 2009, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your replies!!

The interview went pretty nicely. The person who cunducted the interview was extremely easygoing and very talkative. I go back on Monday to do fingerprinting.

In terms of the speeding ticket. I did disclose it and she didnt seem to upset or concerned about. Id rather them know from me than find it out in a check of some sort and have them think I was hiding something.

Now how long is is usually for the background check to go through, and how long until I might find out if I got the job?

Sean

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.