Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Post Official Ask The Flight Attendant Thread

Some of the other forums have one of these already and every once and a while I get a question from a member when another member asked the same questions a few weeks ago. So I thought it would be nice to have one section where you can ask all those burning questions that you might have. I think between the few of us here we can get your questions answered completely and honestly and dispell and of those rumors you might have.

*We won't answer any questions about company security or anything that is protected by the company (loads, yields, onboard enhancements). When any announcements are made public by JetBlue, then we will be happy to field your questions!*

So fire away!!
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:10 pm

Start CLE service?

This would be a great addition since CO is cutting back. Would love to see a great price to NYC airports.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by happymom2008
This would be a great addition since CO is cutting back. Would love to see a great price to NYC airports.
Perhaps we should focus on things that the FAs can actually answer, like in-flight service and such.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Questions about our job, oboard experience, service or anything of that nature would be easier to answer, but I can tell you that you shouldn't expect any new BlueCities for a little while. Fuel costs are going to squash any hopes of new cities unless we can go in and start off with a profit.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 3:33 pm

Headphones?

New poster here Easy question for the FA ^

Are the $1 headphones the over the ear kind or the little earbud kind. We are flying LGB to MCO in August with the munchkins and was planning for their needs, if they are the earbud ones then I'll need to buy before we get there some over the ear ones, little munchkins don't do well with earbuds.

Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

The $1 headphones are the over the ear and very comfortable! The are a very high quality for a small price of $1. Remember we do not accept cash onboard for the headsets. We have bins of headsets at each gate where you can put cash in. If you rather pay onboard with a credit or debit we charge a straight $1 per headset with no service charge added!

Welcome to the boards and thank you for the question! I hope you and your little ones enjoy the flight!
Old Jun 28, 2008, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
The $1 headphones are the over the ear and very comfortable! The are a very high quality for a small price of $1. Remember we do not accept cash onboard for the headsets. We have bins of headsets at each gate where you can put cash in. If you rather pay onboard with a credit or debit we charge a straight $1 per headset with no service charge added!

Welcome to the boards and thank you for the question! I hope you and your little ones enjoy the flight!
WOW Impressive, answers within the hour, THANKS!!!!!!

Since we are going to WDW, the kids should have a blast. Excited on the way there and exhausted on the way back. Lets hope after 11 nights there with 3 boys ages 1,3,and 5 that mom and dad survive. Looking forward to the Directv at every seat for the kids, .
Old Jun 30, 2008, 6:59 pm

Do you know why Flight 3 BUF to JFK was canceled on 6/27/08? There was a flight before this one that was delayed, but still was not canceled. They said it was weather related, but weather in BUf and JFK was just fine. Just curious.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, AA,JB,DL,US,CO
Hey JetblueFA!
I'm a big fan - good luck in your future endevours. My question is that I took a redeye last year PHX-JFK last year and got the bliss kit. Is there a new shuteye service or has it been cut back?
Thanks alot - you're really added alot of value/knowledge to the jetblue travelling community.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noarbitrage
Hey JetblueFA!
I'm a big fan - good luck in your future endevours. My question is that I took a redeye last year PHX-JFK last year and got the bliss kit. Is there a new shuteye service or has it been cut back?
Thanks alot - you're really added alot of value/knowledge to the jetblue travelling community.
Please pardon any spelling errors in my next several posts. I just had the necessary laser correction surgery for my application for the Navy and I wonke up this morning and could not see anything as it was all blurry....part of the healing process..right now I'll guess i'm seeing 20/300.

Anyways, Yes we still offer the overnight kits however they aren't sponsored by Bliss anymore.. From my understanding Bliss whanted too much to continue so we went on our own. We now call them "Snooze Kits" and they have the eye mask and the ear plugs but no longer have the lotion like the old Bliss Kits had.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Do you know why Flight 3 BUF to JFK was canceled on 6/27/08? There was a flight before this one that was delayed, but still was not canceled. They said it was weather related, but weather in BUf and JFK was just fine. Just curious.
They don't show the cancellation code in the computer that I have access to but looing at at the plane movements for JFK on the 27th I am seeing a lot of yellow which means the flights where delayed. If I remember correctly JFK and the eastern seaboard was hit with some pretty foul weather at the end of the week. I'm assuming they cancelled the JFK-BUF-JFK tyrb that the aircraft was suppose to do. I don't recall the exact weather on Friday as I left the area on Thursday but I think something was happening to fould up the traffic into and out of the NYC area. There where other cancellations as well and not just that one flight. I'll try to dig up a little deeper for you when I can actually read what is one the website without having to put my face right next to the screen.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
They don't show the cancellation code in the computer that I have access to but looing at at the plane movements for JFK on the 27th I am seeing a lot of yellow which means the flights where delayed. If I remember correctly JFK and the eastern seaboard was hit with some pretty foul weather at the end of the week. I'm assuming they cancelled the JFK-BUF-JFK tyrb that the aircraft was suppose to do. I don't recall the exact weather on Friday as I left the area on Thursday but I think something was happening to fould up the traffic into and out of the NYC area. There where other cancellations as well and not just that one flight. I'll try to dig up a little deeper for you when I can actually read what is one the website without having to put my face right next to the screen.
Thanks. Sounds Good. I hope your vision will recover soon.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 6:05 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Greetings from Sweden

Hi JetBlueFa,
I will be flying withh B6 on 29July from IAD-BOS...I will be seating in 11a and 11B..good seats ?...I heard its extra legroom?.. How is the bording progess go ?.. Do normal earphone from home/work work on B6?

Thanks for answering

David

Last edited by Flyiboy; Jul 8, 2008 at 6:07 am Reason: Did not finish writing
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Which flight number so I can give an accurate response? If you are going to be on a flight operated by the 190 then I would switch seats because 11A/B do not recline. However, if you are on a flight operated by the Airbus then yo have a couple of the best seats in the house.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Do normal earphone from home/work work on B6?
Not an FA, but I know the answer.

Yes, normal headphones will work without an adapter. And you should bring your own since the freebies are gone now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.