Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MCO 5 AM deprture

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:58 am
Original Poster

MCO 5 AM deprture

What is MCO like for thsi flight - do they have enough secuirty lanes open to handle a plane full of volume at 4 am?

Every time I fly from MCO it is just a mess, just how earlry does one need to be there for a 5 am flight

The checkin in and ticketing desk opens at 4:15 according to the web site
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:11 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Are you checking bags? If not, can you use OLCI the day before? I have no experience with MCO at that hour but with only 45 minutes from the opening of ticketing (if you need to utilize that) till your flight, I'd just try and be there at 4:15. Is that the time Security opens too?
Old Dec 14, 2011, 7:43 am
Original Poster

MCO help needed

Originally Posted by djs
Are you checking bags? If not, can you use OLCI the day before? I have no experience with MCO at that hour but with only 45 minutes from the opening of ticketing (if you need to utilize that) till your flight, I'd just try and be there at 4:15. Is that the time Security opens too?
Yes Christmas time hard to fly without bags -I think security is open all night long - does anyone know if they are?

Maybe we shoudl use baggage express and on line check in and show up at 4 AM?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:12 pm

I would suggest asking the twitter account
http://twitter.com/jetblue
Old Jan 4, 2012, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Twitter - MCO early departure OK!

Thank you twitter did help and a good true blue that was on the same flight the day earlier tweeted their experience and told us if we showed up at 4 am we would have pleanty of time.

BY the way the 5 am MCO-EWR flight ends today so not much residual benefit to our experience, but for teh future here goes...

The airport was open when we arrived at 3:45 am and both curb side and counter service was available for our bages, we used curb side.

Security was like a ghost town at that hour, we walked right up to the TSA agent and had no wait anywhere, even teh tram shuttle was there waiting for us and took off right away.

I must say I would do this flight again, the inconvienence of getting up early was far outweighed by a very unique no hassle MCO experience.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 7:31 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by jandj

I must say I would do this flight again, the inconvienence of getting up early was far outweighed by a very unique no hassle MCO experience.
I live in Celebration slightly West of Disney thats why I dont mind the 40 extra miles to Tampa and avoid MCO Security, The Money I save on Tolls almost pays for the Gas, also thanks to Priority Pass have access to a Nice Lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.