Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

how many carry-on bags can I bring on the plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

I'll be flying for the 1st time this Tuesday from BUR to JFK and I was wondering how many bags I'm allowed to bring onboard the aircraft.
I'm planning on bringing a duffle bag on board and also plan to bring my laptop on the flight.
I was wondering if it would be okay to bring the duffle bag and my laptop in it's case, or should I try and pack the laptop in my duffle bag with my clothes and other items I'm bringing with me.
Of course no liquids or gels will be in my bags.
Thanks for helping out a 1st time flyer, it's really appreciated.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:15 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
1 carry on item plus a personal item. Based on what you said you wanted to bring on you will be fine. Just remember that no liquids are allowed in your carry on items!
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
1 carry on item plus a personal item. Based on what you said you wanted to bring on you will be fine. Just remember that no liquids are allowed in your carry on items!
Thanks for the information, I really appreciate the help.
Everything is packed and ready to go, and of course no liquids.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 7:51 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Just make sure the duffle fits within the maximum allowed dimensions for a carry-on bag. If not, they might have to gate-check it.

Enjoy your first flight!!! Flying is one awesome experience.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:52 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
Just make sure the duffle fits within the maximum allowed dimensions for a carry-on bag. If not, they might have to gate-check it.

Enjoy your first flight!!! Flying is one awesome experience.
In all honesty that policy is very rarely enforced anymore with the new stricter carry on regulations. Finding over head space isn't any where near a problem like it used to be. The carry on numbers are down as most people are saying "screw it" and just checking pretty much everything. Not to mention with most of our flight attendants, we really don't care what you bring on. I've seen people with body bags on board!
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:24 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Yes, I would say Jetblue FA is right when I flew Jetblue and Frontier a week or so ago, there was plenty of space in the overhead bins. I had a carryon with most of my stuff and I checked my liguids and gels and a few things so that it wouldn't be extremely light. My checked bag was fine JFK-Salt Lake City but Frontier lost my bag Salt Lake City-Denver and I didn't check anything on the way back on Jetblue from Denver to JFK. Frontier did call me the next day, as I was about to leave for the airport for my Denver-JFK flight and I was able to pickup my bags, so I guess there were alot of people checking bags.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:36 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
I know that there is more space in the overheads these days due to the no-liquids rule, but I was talking about the actual dimensions of the overhead compartments. The bag can't be as big as you want, because it won't fit in the overhead...not in terms of finding space, because there are less bags = a lot more room, but the actual bins are not infinitive in size! Just make sure that the bag will fit either horizontally or vertically into the overhead bin.
Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetBlueNYFL
I know that there is more space in the overheads these days due to the no-liquids rule, but I was talking about the actual dimensions of the overhead compartments. The bag can't be as big as you want, because it won't fit in the overhead...not in terms of finding space, because there are less bags = a lot more room, but the actual bins are not infinitive in size! Just make sure that the bag will fit either horizontally or vertically into the overhead bin.
Thanks for the information.
I checked in for my flight online this morning and checked 'no bags to check-in)' and will have to wait and see what happens in the morning when I arrive at the airport for my flight. If JetBlue tells me the bag has to be checked then I'll do that.

I read the information on JetBlue's carry-on policy and it appears that my bag will fit in the overhead bin, but like I said we'll see what happens at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.