Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Almost lost my mom!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
I did mobile check-in for my mom and had the BP text to her, and after talking to her she also got a paper BP. I am not sure why they wouldn't believe her when she told me they argued with her.

When she told me on the 5th that they almost put her on the wrong flight I laughed it off thinking it was solely due to the gate change and mistakes happen. But yesterday when we spoke after she returned from her trip, is when she told me they argued with her about the whole thing. she said she was starting to shake and get scared. She said she didn't want to call me when it was happening because her BP was on the screen and she was scared it would be lost. (I normally walk her through the process of checking her in online via the app, and then have her take a screen shot)

She told me she heard something about a gate change and asked the wheelchair assistant if it was for her and she was told no. I asked her why she didn't read the board, she said from the distance she was at where they had her she couldn't see it, until pre-boarding started and she was 1st in line to board the flight.

What bothers me is they argued with her, and what if the scanner malfunctioned, my mom would have screamed down the jetway and they might have thought she was some crazy person. Well she is a NYer and we are all a bit Crazy but she wasn't at fault here at least I don't think so.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I don't know if the wheelchair people are 3rd party or Jetblue
Definitely a contracted third party. I'm not sure who they contract with at JFK, but at BOS, they use FSS, and they absolutely suck.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Interesting...seemed like the OP was just sharing a story, not blaming or asking for compensation. But it does seem like it would be reasonable procedure for a wheelchair attendant to check a boarding pass before pushing a customer onto the plane.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Some people have no sense of humor.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bbtrvl
The absurdity is not that the chair assistant took a pax to the wrong gate, mistakes happen it's easy to miss noticing a gate change.

The really absurd part is the GA and chair assistant arguing with a pax about where they are flying to, when neither had factual basis to argue, but rather they chose not to believe her because of the pax's perceived disability.

It only takes 5 seconds to check the BP. Arguing with the pax without even looking does not sound to me like an appropriate response.
THIS. 1st question the GA should have asked is to see the boarding pass. I might also suggest getting her a paper boarding pass next time if pulling it up on the phone takes too long.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat
Just an FYI I had emailed Jetblue about this, I didn't request compensation I simply asked that they retrain their staff, after all my mom did make her flight.

However, they gave me mom a $75 true bank credit. and also suggested if I still wasn't happy I could file a complaint with the US DOT under Title 14 CFR Part 382.
https://www.transportation.gov/airco...s-disabilities

I thought their response was far more than I expected. Like I said my mom did make her flight just had to argue with a GA and a wheel chair assistant.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
That's an impressive response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.