Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Seat selection on Silver Airways (3M) code share?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Has anyone had success selecting seats in advance on a JetBlue codeshare operated by Silver Airways?

Silver has a manage my booking link (https://book.silverairways.com/SSW2010/3M3M/myb.html) but this doesn't work with my B6 confirmation code. Is there a different confirmation code on Silver's system? If so, does anyone know how to access it?

I've got a family of 4, and I want to make sure we get seats vaguely together.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
We flew from key west to Tampa on silver and from Tampa to NYC on JetBlue and didn't get a seat assignment until we got to the silver gate in key west. It was a small plane and they were super accommodating so I wouldn't worry too much. How long is the flight?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:16 am
Original Poster

The flight is blocked at 80 minutes, but it's 220 miles (FLL-ELH), so I suspect much less time actually in the air.

Glad to hear they were accommodating. Worst case, I'm just swapping seats on the airplane.

Thanks for your reply!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:43 pm

I booked an Aer Lingus ticket that started and finished on a ROC-JFK flight on JetBlue ... the only way to get the seat assignments on the JetBlue legs was via Twitter (which was quick and easy). The ultimate reason was that the B6 confirmation code was different from the EI one (the agent had to look it up based on my EI confirmation) ... so if you really wanted one ahead of time you could give Silver a call/tweet and see if they could help you out.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Wanted to follow up with my experience.

3M made schedule changes that made connections impossible. I called B6 and they were able to fix it with plenty of flexibility. I got that agent to give me the 3M PNR and then called 3M for seats.

OLCI worked on B6 when they were the first carrier, but would not let me.pay for a bag so I had.to see an agent. Gave my pre check on the B6 leg but not 3M leg. It did not work on 3M, but evidently it never works on 3M ex-bahamas. When checking in with 3M, I got pre check on their leg (useless), but not on the B6 leg.

Baggage was happily tagged through by an agent in both directions. 3M agent charged the lower B6 fee.

Connections FLL required going from concourse E to C, about a 10 minute covered walk outside. Return via MCO, customs was quick.for US passports, waited about 20 minutes for bags and then returned them to a 3M agent after customs. We went through a little TSA checkpoint after customs and then up an escalator into the JetBlue gasge area -- no train ride to the central terminal.

Would I do it again? yes, though it would be great if OLCI fully worked. The annoyance of the 3M schedule changes would make me consider any reservation tentstive.

FWIW, ELH is a fun airport... No waiting room, but there is a liquor store across the street with some picnic tables.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.