Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Q about date change due to illness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

Hey,

Set to fly B6 JFK-BGI soon but I have been very ill, bedridden with a fever etc...I would prefer not to lose the $ I spent on the ticket. Is it possible to provide a Dr. note to the airline certifying I cannot fly and get a waiver to change the dates of the flight provided there are buckets in the same fare class available on the new dates? Thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Hey,

Set to fly B6 JFK-BGI soon but I have been very ill, bedridden with a fever etc...I would prefer not to lose the $ I spent on the ticket. Is it possible to provide a Dr. note to the airline certifying I cannot fly and get a waiver to change the dates of the flight provided there are buckets in the same fare class available on the new dates? Thanks!
I don't know the answer to your question, but how did you pay for your ticket? Some credit cards provide free trip-cancellation coverage for illness that renders the passenger unfit to travel.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
I don't know the answer to your question, but how did you pay for your ticket? Some credit cards provide free trip-cancellation coverage for illness that renders the passenger unfit to travel.
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Chase Sapphire Reserve
Looks like you're covered:
https://www.chase.com/content/chasec...ance-5000.html

What’s Covered
This is not an exhaustive list. Examples include:
Accidental bodily injury, loss of life, or sickness experienced by the Cardholder, a traveling companion or an immediate family member of the Cardholder or a traveling companion
Old Mar 9, 2017, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
And as a broader point, if you don't have coverage through your CC, hopefully you do have travel insurance which covers this. It will typically provide a full cash refund and means one less hassle at a time when the last thing you need is any hassles.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:06 am

JetBlue won't do anything (as far as I know) but call the number on the back of your CSR and they will fix you up.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:49 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I cancelled the flight online and Jetblue gave me everything except a $200 cancellation fee back (either to my card or travel cred, which is fine because I need to rebook this when healthy). I emailed Jetblue to say I was sick and could provide a Dr. note and they said not to bother, just get better and as a gesture of goodwill they refunded the $200 cancellation fee for the two tickets. Very nice of them, never dealt with the credit card company. I ended up having mumps, so it's good I wasn't out in public and contagious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.