Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Triple TrueBlue points to Cuba until 18 Mar 17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Must register before buyiing, new tickets only.

https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/trueblue/Cuba3X
http://blog.wandr.me/2017/01/triple-...-cuba-flights/
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:47 pm

Honestly this is one of the worst promos in a while. Base fares to Cuba are tiny ($5 for lowest MCO-HAV flights), meaning you earn what, 30 instead of 15 points. More like 50 if booked on jetblue.com, but the number of bonus points disappointing.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:24 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
So . . . you're asking them to raise fares?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:09 pm

I flew r/t MCO to Hav last week, they are using a new a321 for the route which is really nice. The flight there only had a few open seats while the flight back was completely full.

Based on my experience, sales are doing well for Cuba routes. But with them running a promotion, I'm guessing sales are actually down.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Seth Moore
I flew r/t MCO to Hav last week, they are using a new a321 for the route which is really nice. The flight there only had a few open seats while the flight back was completely full.

Based on my experience, sales are doing well for Cuba routes. But with them running a promotion, I'm guessing sales are actually down.
I'm surprised there is a 321 on HAV and that they can fill it. That said, the fares are so cheap that I think it is more about getting the few who are willing to make the trips these days familiar and happy with JetBlue, even if it means essentially fire-sale prices. Better to build brand recognition at this point if you know you're losing money anyways, I suppose.

I also have to believe that Havana is the least pressured of the destinations, though I don't know for certain. More demand there but also lots more capacity.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
So . . . you're asking them to raise fares?
No, not at all. Just noting that most of the cost for Cuba flights comes from taxes and fees, which don't earn any trueblue points.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm surprised there is a 321 on HAV and that they can fill it. That said, the fares are so cheap that I think it is more about getting the few who are willing to make the trips these days familiar and happy with JetBlue, even if it means essentially fire-sale prices. Better to build brand recognition at this point if you know you're losing money anyways, I suppose.

I also have to believe that Havana is the least pressured of the destinations, though I don't know for certain. More demand there but also lots more capacity.
I was surprised as well, I didn't think there would be so many people going there from the US. When I booked a couple months ago it was supposed to be an a320, then got switched to an a321.

I could see them trying to lure people in, I think they're the only ones going to Cuba out of Orlando. Spirit goes out of FLL and I'm not sure why anyone would ever pick Spirit over JB when the price is even remotely close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.