Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% Promo Code - 2 Days Only!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, Sky Miles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Hertz
Smile 20% Promo Code - 2 Days Only!

100 Cities. 1 Big Sale.

Enjoy, FT friends!

Yesterday, JetBlue inaugurated service to its 100th BlueCity - Havana, Cuba!

Offer details:
  • Promo code: CELEBRATE
  • 20% off base airfare on all flights (base airfare excludes government taxes/fees)
  • Book by 11/30/16
  • Travel 12/7/16 – 2/15/17 (Blackout dates: 12/16/16 – 1/8/17; Excludes travel on Sundays)
  • Flight must originate in a U.S. JetBlue city (including Puerto Rico)
  • Not valid on previous bookings

How to book:
  • Promo codes can only be redeemed online at http://jetblue.com/promo
  • Search flights within valid travel dates.
  • You must select flights in order for discount to appear. Once selected you will see the discount amount displayed in the itinerary subtotal on the bottom right side of the flights page.
  • Only one code per booking.
  • Full details and T&C at following link:
  • http://www2.jetblue.com/deals/100-cities
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Mint not eligible
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Sales like these are why I've come pretty close to ignoring sale offers from those few airlines I pay attention to (and heck, why I took to booking late on Amtrak when they'd auto-shunt you into sales), actually to the point that I've occasionally missed a good one:

-They don't allow you to book into a premium cabin, and often disbar you from upgrading later if applicable (this was a real killer on Amtrak since I'm often awash in upgrade cards and there's almost always space to be had). With B6, Mint is really the only reason I'll consider it.
-There are often wacky day-of-week restrictions (in this case, Sunday).
-Despite the topline-advertised dates being 12/7-2/15, they've blacked out about three and a half weeks around Christmas plus Sundays, and if booking a round-trip then both legs have to be eligible for the fare code to take on either of them if I read things right.
-And finally, God only knows what fare class this will book into insofar as crediting elsewhere goes.

I'm not saying this to be disrespectful to a decently-marketed sale, but when you announce a sale for travel in a 70-day period, then black out 30 of those 70 days (24 days at Christmas plus residual Sundays), and then make it so that a lot of vacation travel is going to get barred by the Sunday restriction? That doesn't feel like very much of a deal.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I'm happy to see MLK weekend is included. I can fly to LA round trip for $300.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
FWIW no Sunday is the most decent day-of-week restriction I've seen.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Agreed. VX can turn discounts into a parlor game (which is what earned sales in general my disdain...IIRC, I remember seeing one where the cheapest fares were available on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday while either Friday or Sunday were excluded). I think I recall seeing one "up to 20% off" sale like that. I've been holding out for their 50% off F sale, but it's looking increasingly like I'll just go with a week-before-Christmas flight to SFO and then take the train to Seattle (I need the spend on Amtrak and the F ticket on VX WAS-SFO will leave me on silver there through the merger).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.